+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

cityscape

Apr 7, 2022
I applied for PRTD via my PR portal on 16th June and ircc just asked for my passport so I sent it yesterday. The consulate of Canada here in the clu try I'm visiting sent me an email and asked me when I want to return and I said asap.

zercool

May 3, 2018
I applied for PRTD via my PR portal on 16th June and ircc just asked for my passport so I sent it yesterday. The consulate of Canada here in the clu try I'm visiting sent me an email and asked me when I want to return and I said asap.
do mind sharing which country you are submitting your passport ?

UK2CA

Sep 2, 2020
Hi, may I know if you have had troubles completing the 5444 form? i am sure everything is correct but the portal wont allow me to submit

andybrownahm

Jan 7, 2020
hey guys, any guidance would be greatly appreciated. got two questions

my parents got the COPR jan 2022..had to go back next month so left for india feb 2022. mom's PR card is here. Dad's never arrived. they are returning with me at end of oct 2022. (I am going to India for a visit) Am told will have to apply for PRTD for Dad.

1 PR portal does not let me save and continue after page 2, anyone know why is this?
2 trying to apply email but imm5524 total number of days less than 730 and am afraid they will automatically reject.
Can anyone shed some light..thanks

yyzsin

Sep 15, 2013
If VAC office in your country is open, apply for PRTD that way instead of on line. Mine was processed in SIngapore in about 1 week
My PR Expired in Sep 2020. Applied for renewal while in Canada April 2020. It took almost two years to finally be processed and received new PR card at Toronto address. Had to get two PRTD's in two years while waiting as I returned to Singapore in between. My spouse is Canadian and working in Singapore - which helped with the PR residency requirement.

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
hey guys, any guidance would be greatly appreciated. got two questions

my parents got the COPR jan 2022..had to go back next month so left for india feb 2022. mom's PR card is here. Dad's never arrived. they are returning with me at end of oct 2022. (I am going to India for a visit) Am told will have to apply for PRTD for Dad.

1 PR portal does not let me save and continue after page 2, anyone know why is this?
2 trying to apply email but imm5524 total number of days less than 730 and am afraid they will automatically reject.
Can anyone shed some light..thanks
Total number of days less than 730 days does not apply to recently became PRs like you said that our parents got the COPR in January, 2022 only and they are required to complete 730 in five years and counting of five years starts from January, 2022 and ends in 2027 only. So you need not worry and can mention that in the email forwarding application for PRTD that he became PR in January, 2022 and has not been issued PR Card yet and submit the application with all other required documents and he will be issued PRTD.

anildk

Aug 2, 2022
Hi
hi , did you get any update for your application ?
Hi Naveen any update. We have applied for my daughter and wife on the same day of Jul 11th my daughter got invitation letter within 10 days and it also couriered today post pick up. We are waiting for still my wife's PRTD. No update yet. Is anyone in the same situation. Have you got update of PRTD. As per blogs i see usually it's taking 30 to 40 days. Could anybody in same situation as me. Is it possible to check the status anywhere