+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

MRESIDENCY

Jan 13, 2019
so my dad doesn't have to first renounce his status since the status will be automatically revoked correct?

when he will come in Canada after Feb 18, he will not be using his health card anymore - thanks
on ETA application, I see they ask for Unique client identifier (UCI) / Previous Canadian visa, eTA or permit number (optional)* ----should he put NA or just his UCI?...THEY ARE MENTIONING THAT IF YOU DON'T KNOW, JUST PUT NA

MRESIDENCY

Jan 13, 2019
MY MOM PR expired too, and she got an invitation letter to get her new one I guess , think she will be fine to obtain it since she is ok with the RO

thx again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my mom is out of the country as well. She is ok since she stayed more then my dad such as if they look 5 years back from today she have lived in Canada for 730 days....she got her PRTD in her passport for 1 year...
planning to bring them both after my dad will be able to submit for his ETA after feb 18...
It won't immediately be able to get the ETA. They have to process these things. If your parents are in a hurry your dad should renounce his PR. You should also purchase medical insurance for him because he can no longer use his ohip. If he tries, expect to pay back any services used.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
MY MOM PR expired too, and she got an invitation letter to get her new one I guess , think she will be fine to obtain it since she is ok with the RO

thx again

thx again
Make sure she keeps complying because they will likely check her RO when she picks up her new card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
do you know how long will take until he can apply for ETA? 2-3 WEEKS?
to renounce to the PR is fast?
ETA usually takes minutes online. Renouncing PR would take a few weeks. If you wait for the appeal to expire not sure how long it will take for the ETA system to recognize that.

BYCO

Jan 21, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Just want to clarify that although your PR card expired you remained a PR and also were a tax resident of Canada. You renounce PR not the card.
I have not been a resident in the last 5 years. My Total stay is only 90days in 5 years.
My question is, if my spouse sponsors me now the processing time will be less because I already had a PR & SIN and most of the backgrounds checks have already been done.
Do you think in my case, spousal sponsorship process will be simple & faster?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You would have to renounce your current PR status before applying again. A new spousal application will take the same time as anyone else. Previous status won’t affect your application one way or the other.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have not been a resident in the last 5 years. My Total stay is only 90days in 5 years.
My question is, if my spouse sponsors me now the processing time will be less because I already had a PR & SIN and most of the backgrounds checks have already been done.
Do you think in my case, spousal sponsorship process will be simple & faster?
No, it won't. Your previous background checks are way too old and will not be used.

MRESIDENCY

Jan 13, 2019
ETA usually takes minutes online. Renouncing PR would take a few weeks. If you wait for the appeal to expire not sure how long it will take for the ETA system to recognize that.
Hi there,

As per Government of Canada website - www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/ - ' If the client has not yet appealed the negative residency decision to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD), the officer must determine whether the appeal period has expired. The appeal period of a negative residency determination overseas is 60 days; the appeal period of a removal order issued in Canada is 30 days. If the appeal period has expired without an appeal having been filed, the client is a foreign national.----------this means if the date of lithe
refusal letter is Dec 18, 2018...after Feb 18, 2019 - my dad should apply for ETA with no problem and get it fast.

Is this your understanding too?
thx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

As per Government of Canada website - www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/ - ' If the client has not yet appealed the negative residency decision to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD), the officer must determine whether the appeal period has expired. The appeal period of a negative residency determination overseas is 60 days; the appeal period of a removal order issued in Canada is 30 days. If the appeal period has expired without an appeal having been filed, the client is a foreign national.----------this means if the date of lithe
refusal letter is Dec 18, 2018...after Feb 18, 2019 - my dad should apply for ETA with no problem and get it fast.

Is this your understanding too?
thx
No I expect it to take longer due to administrative issues. That's why I encouraged him to renounce himself if he was in a hurry. I don't know how much longer though.

gatita

Sep 20, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
30-7-2010
Med's Done....
25-02-2010
Interview........
13-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2010
Hello, kinda coming out of left field here but was hoping someone had info. My husband did not meet RO obligation so was refused a PRTD. However he was here the previous year before examination date so falls under C below. My lawyer has put in the appeal and has sent them (Embassy in Mexico) request to issue PRTD twice now in the last 5 weeks. Still no response. Is the processing time longer for this than a straight out application for TD which has 15-22 day turnaround? And can an embassy just NOT respond?

31.(3) A permanent Resident outside Canada who is not in a position of a status document indicating PR status shall, following an examination, be issued a TD if an officer is satisfied that

(c) they were physically present in Canada at least once within the 365 days before the examination and they have made an appeal that has not been finally determined or the period for making such an appeal has not yet expired.

Reactions: BYCO