+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

Ishaan18

Oct 2, 2018
I have a question
When a child(minor) follows his/her parents, because of prolonged sickness of his/her grandparents and he/she does not meet the residency obligation, can this be considered a H&C reason when he/she tries to return first chance at turning 18.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is not actually complicated. You apply for a prtd based on being removed as a minor. Most are approved if you have just finished high school. This has become a popular way for children to come study in Canada while paying domestic fees after spending a minimal amount of time in Canada. I suspect (and hope) that the approvals will start being limited to minor who have actually spent time in Canada and not a few weeks.

Ishaan18

Oct 2, 2018
Actually my parents are now forcing me to apply for PRTD for whole family under same H&C reason. I don't think that will be relevant. I am 18 now I and want to apply independently. What should I do ?
Please assist me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually my parents are now forcing me to apply for PRTD for whole family under same H&C reason. I don't think that will be relevant. I am 18 now I and want to apply independently. What should I do ?
Please assist me.
That is much harder. When did your family enter Canada? How long did they stay? Do your grandparents have any other children or close family in their home country. Does the family have proof that they required constant care during that period through doctor notes and hospital admissions? Have the grandparents passed away? when? If they are still living why are you able to return to Canada now? Hard to comment without details.

Ishaan18

Oct 2, 2018
My family entered Canada in 2010.
My grandfather suffered from cancer. So my father was his only son. So my family went back. My grandfather passed in 2015 , 3 months after my Visa expired.I HAVE ALL MEDICAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO JUSTIFY THE CONDITIONS.
I have just turned 18 and provided all this , isn't it favourable that I apply for PRTD on my own (independently)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My family entered Canada in 2010.
My grandfather suffered from cancer. So my father was his only son. So my family went back. My grandfather passed in 2015 , 3 months after my Visa expired.I HAVE ALL MEDICAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO JUSTIFY THE CONDITIONS.
I have just turned 18 and provided all this , isn't it favourable that I apply for PRTD on my own (independently)
In Canada it doesn't matter if you are the only son or the first son. If other children or close family member are closeby they are able to care for the grandparents. Your grandfather also passed 3 years ago. Had your family returned immediately you had a much better chance. It is not clear how long you lived in Canada. You mentioned that your whole family is planning to apply for PRTD under H&C. Your best bet is that you apply independently and you're the only one who applies.

Reactions: Ishaan18

Ishaan18

Oct 2, 2018
Can anyone help!!
I reached the PRTD application website and it asked me to use a representative.
What is a representative ?
Is it mandatory to use a representative provided I just turned 18?

Ishaan18

Oct 2, 2018
@canuck78 SIR
does it influence the decision if I use a professional lawyer or I be my own representative ?
Is applying for PRTD on h&c a chore of a professional lawyer or I can do it myself providing the required evidence?