WAIVED
Passport Req..
20/07/2015 Submitted to ADVO 22/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/7/2015 (as per stamped visa) Valid till 10/5/2016 Passports recv. 13/08/2015
LANDED..........
will be in APRIL2016
Hello,
I am in Canada with expired PR card. I will be travelling to India on 19th November and I have booked my flight back for the 9th December. I want to apply for the PRTD. Will I have enough time to apply for the document while in India or can I start the process a bit earlier? I meet all the requirements to apply its just I want to know if the duration will be enough. I have to travel back on this date because of work

TIA

vrruunvrruun

Dec 11, 2021
Hello,
I am in Canada with expired PR card. I will be travelling to India on 19th November and I have booked my flight back for the 9th December. I want to apply for the PRTD. Will I have enough time to apply for the document while in India or can I start the process a bit earlier? I meet all the requirements to apply its just I want to know if the duration will be enough. I have to travel back on this date because of work

TIA
Did you get your PRTD? I‘m in India currently and applied for PRTD on Nov18 as I had similar trip dates but had to cancel my return flight. still no response from IRCC

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Hi! I am currently in Canada (FSW O, right now on work permit)and recently got my re medical and schedule A request (AOR June 2020). I am hoping to receive the COPR within a few weeks, However the tricky and unfortunate part is I booked my tickets to India which are non refundable for the month of May. My stay in India is only for two weeks. If I receive my COPR before my travel date and PR card will take its time, I am assuming PRTD will also not be issued within 2 weeks of me being in India. What can I do? Should I start of process of cancelling my tickets or wait? Anyone been in a similar situation??

monangi1

Jul 21, 2020
Hi All, I received my eCoPR in Jan2023 and waiting for PR card. I need to travel to India this month and will be back in Aug end. I have a question related to travel, I am having valid visitor visa up to 2026, this visitor visa can be used when I return to Canada or need to apply for a PRTD? How many days will it take for a PRTD from India? Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi All, I received my eCoPR in Jan2023 and waiting for PR card. I need to travel to India this month and will be back in Aug end. I have a question related to travel, I am having valid visitor visa up to 2026, this visitor visa can be used when I return to Canada or need to apply for a PRTD? How many days will it take for a PRTD from India? Thanks
Your TRV is void after receiving your eCOPR. You need PRTD to return.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi there,

Congratulations on receiving your eCoPR! You are now a permanent resident of Canada, even though you don't have your physical PR card yet.

It's advisable to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD). A PRTD is a temporary document that allows you to travel to and from Canada while you're waiting for your PR card.

The processing time for a PRTD can vary depending on the country you're applying from, but it typically takes a few weeks. You can apply for a PRTD online or by mail.

I hope this helps!