+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

Faiz uddin

Nov 10, 2016
Hello , i have already Asked so many Question So i believe i have annoyed You much Already :p
My Ques is:
1) How can a person Know That his PRTD will be Single Entry or Multiple Entry. ?
2) Is there Any way We can Find out how much my TD will be valid.
3) If i request for Multiple TD What can be the best reason ? That could be accepted.
4) If i gets a PRTD but i wont travel until it Expired. ? WIll i get another One ?
5) If i gets multiple PRTD. I went canada. Applied new PR ! Will this affect my renewal that i was present in canada. I will go to canada if they call me For interview or Collecting in Person.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) You won't know until you receive it. In your case you should expect it will be a single entry.
2) Again, you won't know until you receive it. In your case you should expect six months validity.
3) Not sure I would recommend asking for a multiple entry given your case is H&C.
4) You should assume CIC will not issue a second one.
5) It's not clear what you're asking. Are you asking about applying for PR again from scratch or applying for a new PR card?

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hello , i have already Asked so many Question So i believe i have annoyed You much Already :p
My Ques is:
1) How can a person Know That his PRTD will be Single Entry or Multiple Entry. ?
2) Is there Any way We can Find out how much my TD will be valid.
3) If i request for Multiple TD What can be the best reason ? That could be accepted.
4) If i gets a PRTD but i wont travel until it Expired. ? WIll i get another One ?
5) If i gets multiple PRTD. I went canada. Applied new PR ! Will this affect my renewal that i was present in canada. I will go to canada if they call me For interview or Collecting in Person.
Hi Faiz, Can you please let us know your experience with the PRTD? You must have got answers to all your posted questions by your own experience by now. Could you please share the info.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Sharing experience in applying for PRTD in Manila.

I submitted October 20, Friday at Visa Application Centre

According to GCKEY, Canadian Embassy Manila opened my application on October 23, they approved it on the same day. I got it back October 25. It is valid until April 23, 2018.

4 business days. Not bad.

Reactions: ekramece

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Sharing experience in applying for PRTD in Manila.

I submitted October 20, Friday at Visa Application Centre

According to GCKEY, Canadian Embassy Manila opened my application on October 23, they approved it on the same day. I got it back October 25. It is valid until April 23, 2018.

4 business days. Not bad.
Thanks for the info. Did you get a multi-entry or single entry visa? Also, what is the reason you specified for applying PRTD? Did you specify any dates in your reason/explanation in the application?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thanks for the info. Did you get a multi-entry or single entry visa? Also, what is the reason you specified for applying PRTD? Did you specify any dates in your reason/explanation in the application?
I believe all PRTD are always single entry unless you have an extenuating reason to need multiple entry which you must prove. I explained I had to complete a project for my job and yes I provided my itinerary proving when I will be going back to Canada.

Reactions: ekramece

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
From what I have seen on the forum, the only multiple PRTD’s seem to be given to PR’s who are married to Canadians living overseas for extended periods of time. Other than that, they seem to be single entry only.

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
My PRTD experience:

(Disclaimer: PRTD is entirely case and visa office dependent; one case is not necessarily another's case)

Consulate: Paris, France
Case: PR card in delayed renewal, RO met
PRTD took about 3 weeks with request for additional documents
Multiple-Entry (don't remember requesting for it but got it) / 1-year validity

Last edited:

Fhil31

Jul 11, 2018
Hi guys I need some help.

1, I already applied for PRTD here in manila but I know to my self that I did not met the RO. i flew back here in the phillipine since aug 2015. But from July 19, 2012 .i applied my PRTD July 19 2018 since then i only had 468 days that i stayed in canada. But Im resident since 2007. From 2007 to 2012 i left only once but since 2013 i travel a lot. Is there any chance that they can approve my PRTD. I stayes here in the Philipines to take care of my 3 nephew and 1 niece. My sister is a single mom and no one can help her to look after her children s i decide to move here to help her the youngest tha time is only 2 years old, we cant just trust those kids to a nanny specially here in th philippines crime is all over you cna juavtrust anyone.Now that they were old enough i decide to go back. Do you think are they will approved my prtd. May i know my chances roughly 0-100

2 my prd card was expired last march 2017 can i still apply for pr or ask my famiky to apply for me even my prtd is still on process.

3, in anycase if i aplied for pr card while im outside canada and my friends will do all the papers work. iS CIC will send my card at my address in caadaor do i need to picked it up in person.

4 just in case they did not approve my prtd can i stil ask my friend to apply my pr card in canada and send the card for me? Or do i have any option to get my status back?

5, Just incase my status reanouce can i still applied for TRV and do i need to show a big amount of money to get approve for TRV.

Lastly how long for PRTD processing time.

Thanks in advance.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi guys I need some help.

1, I already applied for PRTD here in manila but I know to my self that I did not met the RO. i flew back here in the phillipine since aug 2015. But from July 19, 2012 .i applied my PRTD July 19 2018 since then i only had 468 days that i stayed in canada. But Im resident since 2007. From 2007 to 2012 i left only once but since 2013 i travel a lot. Is there any chance that they can approve my PRTD. I stayes here in the Philipines to take care of my 3 nephew and 1 niece. My sister is a single mom and no one can help her to look after her children s i decide to move here to help her the youngest tha time is only 2 years old, we cant just trust those kids to a nanny specially here in th philippines crime is all over you cna juavtrust anyone.Now that they were old enough i decide to go back. Do you think are they will approved my prtd. May i know my chances roughly 0-100

2 my prd card was expired last march 2017 can i still apply for pr or ask my famiky to apply for me even my prtd is still on process.

3, in anycase if i aplied for pr card while im outside canada and my friends will do all the papers work. iS CIC will send my card at my address in caadaor do i need to picked it up in person.

4 just in case they did not approve my prtd can i stil ask my friend to apply my pr card in canada and send the card for me? Or do i have any option to get my status back?

5, Just incase my status reanouce can i still applied for TRV and do i need to show a big amount of money to get approve for TRV.

Lastly how long for PRTD processing time.

Thanks in advance.
I don't think anyone here can really say if you'll be successful in applying for a PRTD. If you didn't meet the RO and the VO who is looking after your case initiates revoking your PR, that is up to him/her. I guess it's 50/50 but hopefully you do get it.

Your family cannot apply for a PR card on your behalf and you can only do so within Canada.

You can apply for a TRV is your PR is revoked but there is never a guarantee that it will be approved, no matter how much money you show.

My PRTD application was approved the same day a VO reviewed it. I got it back in less than a week.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your chances of the PRTD being approved are pretty much 0%. You should expect your PRTD to be refused since you don't meet the residency requirement and do not have H&C reasons for having failed to meet RO (helping your sister isn't a valid reason for failing to meet RO). No - your friend cannot apply for a PR card renewal if the PRTD is refused. If the PRTD is refused, your PR status will be officially gone.

No - you cannot apply for PR while the PRTD is in progress. You must either wait until the PRTD is refused or you must officially renounce your PR status before you can apply for PR again.

Reactions: jddd

sarahbreland

Feb 20, 2017
Hi! Any idea on how long its usually takes for PRTD to be approved? I can't rebook my flight yet cause I don't have have any idea on how long the process is. I just submitted my application for PRTD today and so far VAC said my papers are complete. Thanks!

rajp10

Mar 27, 2021
Hi
i got ecopr on 3 rd November 2021 and on the same day i travel to india on evening 3rd November 2021. I didn't get pr card yet. So i have to apply for prtd to return canada. Is it going to problem for me to get prtd because i left canada on the same day after i got my ecopr?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
i got ecopr on 3 rd November 2021 and on the same day i travel to india on evening 3rd November 2021. I didn't get pr card yet. So i have to apply for prtd to return canada. Is it going to problem for me to get prtd because i left canada on the same day after i got my ecopr?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you need to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada (or someone from Canada needs to mail your PR card to you once it's sent to your Canadian address). No, it's not a problem that you left Canada on the day you got your ecopr.

rajp10

Mar 27, 2021
Yes, you need to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada (or someone from Canada needs to mail your PR card to you once it's sent to your Canadian address). No, it's not a problem that you left Canada on the day you got your ecopr.
Thanks scylla
Actually i left canada on 2nd November and got ecopr on 3rd November and reached my home country india on 4rth November.

Sorry i made mistakenly put the wrong date on previous note.

Is is going to be problem?