+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD was rejected is it better to apply for fresh PR

Samkangethe

Jan 31, 2019
Hallo Guys, I have four kids who never entered Canada and I travelled once in Canada. My PRTD was rejected based on RO, is it better to avoid appeal then apply afresh for a new PR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You actually need to have grounds to be able to apply for PRTD based on H&C. Did you not include all your information with the first PRTD? Even if you had a reason such a lengthy stay out of Canada without ever establishing roots may have resulted in a refusal. Hard to provide proof that you were unable to move to Canada for such a long period of time. There are only a few reasons that would be accepted and that usually involves caring for a sick family member who is unable to care for themself and has no family around and has medical documentation to back up your claim. When applying for your PRTD under H&C grounds did you give evidence? How long have you been out of Canada and how long did you stay in Canada?

Samkangethe

Jan 31, 2019
You actually need to have grounds to be able to apply for PRTD based on H&C. Did you not include all your information with the first PRTD? Even if you had a reason such a lengthy stay out of Canada without ever establishing roots may have resulted in a refusal. Hard to provide proof that you were unable to move to Canada for such a long period of time. There are only a few reasons that would be accepted and that usually involves caring for a sick family member who is unable to care for themself and has no family around and has medical documentation to back up your claim. When applying for your PRTD under H&C grounds did you give evidence? How long have you been out of Canada and how long did you stay in Canada?
Hallo I travelled in Canada in 2006, it is very true about my dad and mum. We are a family of 4 boys. 3 immigrated to USA and I was left alone. I lost my mum in 2014 after long illness and my dad in 2018.. I was the only one who remained who took care of them...I applied for PRTD when i no longer had any obligations to take care of my ailing parents...what do you advise?

Samkangethe

Jan 31, 2019
Hallo I travelled in Canada in 2006, it is very true about my dad and mum. We are a family of 4 boys. 3 immigrated to USA and I was left alone. I lost my mum in 2014 after long illness and my dad in 2018.. I was the only one who remained who took care of them...I applied for PRTD when i no longer had any obligations to take care of my ailing parents...what do you advise?
I travelled to Canada just for afew weeks as I got my PR Card

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have been gone from Canada for over 12 years and never established any ties to Canada. That is more than caring for an ill parent. Both of your parents were probably were not in such fragile health that they couldn't care for themselves for that entire time. When they're in decent health you could have employed someone to help them with some cleaning or shopping. This situation is more like personal choice. I imagine you have been employed this entire time and your family's lived a relatively normal family life. Unfortunately I think your only choice will to see if you qualify to immigrate again.

Reactions: jddd