+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD visa

sudhir tewary

May 12, 2021
Pl note & advice my wife was approved for PRTD sometime in Dec 2020
.In January 2021 , her approval letter + Documents (passport ,etc) were couriered to VFS (centre at New Delhi, India....canadian consultand for handling/stamping passport/visa + fees was couriered to Delhi ..sometime in march her passport with stamped PRTD visa was delivered at her house in India but is valid till 8 th of June 2021. Out e ticket was booked for Toronto from Delhi on 17th may2021 but sudden ban/cancellation of flights from India to Canada from 23 rd April 21 for 30 days has unbalanced her flight plan. Pl advice how to proceed 1, my immigration consultant in toronto says she has to again submit application to ircc for extension + her fees + govt fees +again fees & time to Delhi agent for stamping of passport repeating same process again.
Under the circumstrances/uncertainity will i get extension/validity of PRTD for 1 YR?
Pl advice how to proceed further
thanks & regards
wish u could directly email your advice to dave_sharon47@yahoo.ca

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
.In January 2021 , her approval letter + Documents (passport ,etc) were couriered to VFS (centre at New Delhi, India....canadian consultand for handling/stamping passport/visa + fees was couriered to Delhi ..sometime in march her passport with stamped PRTD visa was delivered at her house in India but is valid till 8 th of June 2021. Out e ticket was booked for Toronto from Delhi on 17th may2021 but sudden ban/cancellation of flights from India to Canada from 23 rd April 21 for 30 days has unbalanced her flight plan. Pl advice how to proceed 1, my immigration consultant in toronto says she has to again submit application to ircc for extension + her fees + govt fees +again fees & time to Delhi agent for stamping of passport repeating same process again.
Under the circumstrances/uncertainity will i get extension/validity of PRTD for 1 YR?
thanks & regards
Is she compliant with her RO? When flying is once again allowed you need to contact the India consulate to try and get an extension. It is very unlikely you'll get another year. When you do get the new PRTD I would make sure to book your flights and not delay until right before the PRTD expires. PRTD are usually for a limited amount of time unless it is a multiple entry PRTD usually given to PRs who have moved out of Canada with their Canadian spouse and who will be remaining abroad.

Ruban Karthik

Sep 6, 2021
thanks & regards
Hi Sudhir,
I got my passport request for PRTD but it doesn’t look legit to me. It feels like a fake email. Can you please share me your approved letter or email to see how it looks like.?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Sudhir,
I got my passport request for PRTD but it doesn’t look legit to me. It feels like a fake email. Can you please share me your approved letter or email to see how it looks like.?
Sorry don’t have the letter. Where are you located? If in India Bluedart is the courier company that is being used to pick up passport for stamping I believe.