Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Hi all,

I am living and working in Toronto. Applied for renewal of my PR card on August 13, 2015 received a mail for secondary review on January 19, 2016. I am planning a 2 week trip to Kuwait mid-April and from what I read here not very optimistic to get my new PR card by then.
My application should be straight forward.
1) I will submit my letter of employment from a reputed company in Toronto showing that I am full time employee since Feb. 2014
2) I have already fulfilled my residency obligation on August 1, 2015
3) I will present my round trip ticket Toronto-Kuwait-Toronto
My question is: Has anybody applied from VFS – Kuwait? And how long it took?

Thanks,

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi bahaar

I'm assuming you won't get your PR renewal in time so you will apply for PRTD in Kuwait. For issuing PRTD, they need proof of your residence in Canada. So along with letter from employer, please also take along copies/originals of your tax returns for the last 5 years and any other documents which can prove your residence such as copies of lease, water/electricity bills, mobile phone bills. Don't forget to take along any other expired passport which was being used in the last 5 years also.

It may be that this seems excess but when you are in Kuwait and need to get back, it's better to have more rather than less proof to show to embassy for issuing of PRTD.
Best of luck

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
@Almost_Canadian,

Thanks. Sure, I will take all the required documents. I already read the document checklist. my concern and question is: How many days it will take to issue a PRTD in Kuwait. I read that some countries it takes one week others two weeks or more.

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
The issuing officer at the embassy has to be convinced of the genuineness of the application. That's why I suggest you take along as much proof as possible.
5 years ago I had to travel but still not received my renewal PR card. At that time, I took along with me almost every document I could think off, including all my bank/credit card statements spanning previous 5 years, lease/water/electricity bills . When I applied for a PRTD, I submitted copies of documents but they requested all originals too including COPR, old passports etc.
I was quite worried in case any important original document was lost. At that time they told me it will take about 10 days to 2 weeks. However I got a call after 4 days that PRTD is ready. My story is 5 years old so not sure what is current situation and if any delay for any other reasons are possible.
Once again, all the best.