Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
hi anyone applying PRTD from VFS india plz carry completed travel history(in last 5 years) and Family information forms, these forms are not mentioned on the CIC Documents checklist or VFS website but VFS request for it stating requirement from CHC India.

Also only original valid passport is required rest all docs photo copies including expired passport.
My wife applied on tuesday at VFS mumbai,wed application reached CHC delhi and fri PRTD issued.
let me know if anyone need further info or PRTD from india.

Sohrabh

Jul 5, 2014
Hi Dear, My PR Cards have still not arrived, its been 4 months and i have come back to india. Need to apply for PRTD. Does it entail any risk. Have you ever heard of it getting rejected for anyone.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
For new PRs it will be issued in one week time.

Kanksha

Jul 17, 2018
hi anyone applying PRTD from VFS india plz carry completed travel history(in last 5 years) and Family information forms, these forms are not mentioned on the CIC Documents checklist or VFS website but VFS request for it stating requirement from CHC India.

Also only original valid passport is required rest all docs photo copies including expired passport.
My wife applied on tuesday at VFS mumbai,wed application reached CHC delhi and fri PRTD issued.
let me know if anyone need further info or PRTD from india.
This is my query: ( Long Post - asked to apply for PRTD by Bangalore embassy)
Hello,

I have an admit from SFU Burnaby and I applied for my Study permit visa to the Canadian Embassy on 1st of June and I received a mail from them today stating that since I was a Permanent resident holder as a minor in the year 2005 and due to family reasons I accompanied my parents back to India, I have been given another chance to renew it since I have officially not lost my Permanent resident status. They have asked me to either voluntarily give up my PR status and apply as a temporary resident or apply for Permanent resident travel document stating the reasons and providing proof of why I can back with my family back to India.

They have asked me to send them the required documents and if convinced they shall grant me my PR travel document and nothing has been mentioned if I can apply as a temporary resident. I am in a fix and I have no idea of what can be done. Either way, my admission is at stake. My PR card is for Ontario and my university is in British Columbia. If PR status granted can I immediately move to another province and finish up my two year Masters course and return back to Ontario and if not granted will renouncing my PR status right now affect my application in future.

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Few basics that you should keep in mind.
If you got you PR ( even long time ago), and then went back with your parents to India, technically you are still a PR - but in violation of the requirement of living in Canada for 2 years out of 5 rolling years.
So 1st important thing to remember is that you are still a PR.
2nd important thing is :
To get back to Canada there are 2 ways - 1) to have a valid PR Card ( which in your case is not there or long expired) or 2nd way is to apply for a PR Travel Document. This will be issued once you can satisfy the embassy that you have genuine reasons for having been away for so long or H&C considerations. In your case, it is H&C as you were brought back to India while you were a minor. You will need to apply soonest under H&C so that there is a good chance for approval
Lastly, as a PR you have the right to live anywhere in Canada so it doesn't matter where you landed or lived before. If you get the PR Travel Document, you can come and stay in any part of Canada without problem.
Best of luck

Kanksha

Jul 17, 2018
Few basics that you should keep in mind.
If you got you PR ( even long time ago), and then went back with your parents to India, technically you are still a PR - but in violation of the requirement of living in Canada for 2 years out of 5 rolling years.
So 1st important thing to remember is that you are still a PR.
2nd important thing is :
To get back to Canada there are 2 ways - 1) to have a valid PR Card ( which in your case is not there or long expired) or 2nd way is to apply for a PR Travel Document. This will be issued once you can satisfy the embassy that you have genuine reasons for having been away for so long or H&C considerations. In your case, it is H&C as you were brought back to India while you were a minor. You will need to apply soonest under H&C so that there is a good chance for approval
Lastly, as a PR you have the right to live anywhere in Canada so it doesn't matter where you landed or lived before. If you get the PR Travel Document, you can come and stay in any part of Canada without problem.
Best of luck
Thank You so much!