+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD - Two questions

xocomil

Apr 6, 2011
Two questions for you all:

1. Do we need to send in original previous / expired passports, or copies? I thought it was copies but I received an email from the immigration office in Mexico City that says: "Your original passport (including previous, expired passports);

2. Is it possible to courier the PRTD documents directly to the immigration section of the embassy, and bypass the VFS? Courier fees would be cheaper than the VFS fees (for 3 people, which I presume means 3 applications). Plus we live a few hours from the VFS office.

Thanks for any / all help!

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Two questions for you all:

1. Do we need to send in original previous / expired passports, or copies? I thought it was copies but I received an email from the immigration office in Mexico City that says: "Your original passport (including previous, expired passports);

2. Is it possible to courier the PRTD documents directly to the immigration section of the embassy, and bypass the VFS? Courier fees would be cheaper than the VFS fees (for 3 people, which I presume means 3 applications). Plus we live a few hours from the VFS office.

Thanks for any / all help!
You need to follow the instructions per visa office email....

Unfortunately you have to use the VFS office...

xocomil

Apr 6, 2011
We went to VFS office but documents refused. I had to make a few corrections, then need to go back. They didn't mention anything about the photocopies of expired passports. The CIC webpage says photocopies of expired passports.

The email from Immigration office in Mexico City seems to suggest physical copies.

Many this system is far from organized ...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

We went to VFS office but documents refused. I had to make a few corrections, then need to go back. They didn't mention anything about the photocopies of expired passports. The CIC webpage says photocopies of expired passports.

The email from Immigration office in Mexico City seems to suggest physical copies.

Many this system is far from organized ...
1, Most cases only require photocopies of the passports, the processing office can request the original passports.