+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Timelines in Covid

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
I received my CoPR in June 2020. My application was INLAND one. As per new rules due to covid, there was no actual Landing process for Inland applicants and I received CoPR as landing proof. then as per guidelines, I applied for PR card and I am waiting to receive the same since 6 months now. I have a situation where I need to travel outside Canada in next 2-3 weeks. I raised web form , called IRCC many times but didn't get any positive response on my PR card . They say it's in process.
I want to know if I apply for PRTD after my travel outside, how long it will take to get PR travel document ? Has anyone done this in covid times?

163satish

Oct 22, 2020
I received my CoPR in June 2020. My application was INLAND one. As per new rules due to covid, there was no actual Landing process for Inland applicants and I received CoPR as landing proof. then as per guidelines, I applied for PR card and I am waiting to receive the same since 6 months now. I have a situation where I need to travel outside Canada in next 2-3 weeks. I raised web form , called IRCC many times but didn't get any positive response on my PR card . They say it's in process.
I want to know if I apply for PRTD after my travel outside, how long it will take to get PR travel document ? Has anyone done this in covid times?
Have you found anything till now? I read that you cannot apply for PRTD from Canada.
I am CEC Inland and waiting for CoPR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A virtual landing is available if you are currently in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As per new rules, CoPR is virtual landing proof for inland applications.checked with IRCC , they said. Nothing required from my side. They will send pr card
A normal COPR isn't the same as virtual landing. People need an email confirming they are a PR not just a regular COPR.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
A normal COPR isn't the same as virtual landing. People need an email confirming they are a PR not just a regular COPR.
I am an Inland applicant. It's mentioned on my CoPR that I am a permanent resident. Some of my friends also got same copr followed by pr card. No interview , no landing , no extra documents . This is a new process and new copr is virtual landing proof just for INLAND applicants.

as per my CoPR:
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

Last edited:
Reactions: 163satish

Lmaciel

May 22, 2020
Any news on that? I’m in the same situation...since June/2020 and no news on my first card. So frustrating.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am an Inland applicant. It's mentioned on my CoPR that I am a permanent resident. Some of my friends also got same copr followed by pr card. No interview , no landing , no extra documents . This is a new process and new copr is virtual landing proof just for INLAND applicants.

as per my CoPR:
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
So you received your virtual landing in June 2020. The email is an additional document other than COPR.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
So you received your virtual landing in June 2020. The email is an additional document other than COPR.
I have checked with CIC agent and raised web form for the same query . They clarified, due to covid rules have changed and for INLAND application COPR and Landing document both are same . We can use this document as a proof for both landing and CoPR.

Empero993

Apr 8, 2021
I have checked with CIC agent and raised web form for the same query . They clarified, due to covid rules have changed and for INLAND application COPR and Landing document both are same . We can use this document as a proof for both landing and CoPR.
Hi, Will they send COPR only by email? No hard copy?

aabu208

May 30, 2018
Hey: did anyone recently apply for a PRTD ? I would like to find out how long it took since you applied and since you got it. Thank you. This is an urgent question

Akhenatonbta

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hey dude,

Did you get your PR card? How long did it take? Did you travel and get a PRTD? I am in the same situation like you. I am still waiting card and it’s been more than 4 months.