+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Supporting Documents needed

KellyRogers

Mar 3, 2021
I landed in Canada in May 2022. I was given only a few months from the time I received my COPR to expiry of COPR due to applying before COVID and my application being held up for over 1.5 years. Medical had expired but they did not ask to renew, so long as I get into canada within 3 months

I rushed to get into the border before my COPR expired, but could only stay for 1 week due to needing to be in the UK again due to my moms cancer diagnosis.

I didn’t ever receive my PR card and of course immigration do not send cards to non Canadian address’s.

I am now looking to return and of course am eligible to fulfil the day count (730 days I believe ) within the 5 years from date of landing. I only landed May 6th 2022.

This issue I have is that the PRTD application requires 2 x supporting documents as part of the application.
Can anyone please tell me how I can prove my status without any payslips, bank statements etc along with all other examples they give as supporting docs ??

I don’t have any of these as I left quickly after landing.

Does my COPR count? It has the date stamped my immigration on the day I landed and is sign.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I landed in Canada in May 2022. I was given only a few months from the time I received my COPR to expiry of COPR due to applying before COVID and my application being held up for over 1.5 years. Medical had expired but they did not ask to renew, so long as I get into canada within 3 months

I rushed to get into the border before my COPR expired, but could only stay for 1 week due to needing to be in the UK again due to my moms cancer diagnosis.

I didn’t ever receive my PR card and of course immigration do not send cards to non Canadian address’s.

I am now looking to return and of course am eligible to fulfil the day count (730 days I believe ) within the 5 years from date of landing. I only landed May 6th 2022.

This issue I have is that the PRTD application requires 2 x supporting documents as part of the application.
In your case, as the instructions show, you need to demonstrate that you will be able to meet the residency obligation, and since you have well more than 730 days before the fifth anniversary of your landing, you don't actually need any more evidence of residency. (Or alternatively that you have not been out of Canada more than 1095 days since landing).

I suggest you include a copy of your COPR and a short letter of explanation that you did a short (sometimes called soft) landing and you will be able to meet your RO because of more than three years remaining in that first five year period, and consider those two things your evidence of ability to meet the RO.

Reactions: YVR123