+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Singapore office

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
A bit of a long shot here but does anyone know how long it takes for a PRTD document to be processed at the Singapore office?

Thanks!

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Did they estimate how long?
They told me to look at the processing times for visitor visas (lol) - 110 days. I know people in Paris are getting it in under 2 weeks - I looked at the Paris visitor visa processing time - over 480 days.

So I don't know what to think anymore. I had more movement rights as an expat here than as a permanent resident..

mokosze

Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore to manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jul 2014
Nomination.....
per 14 Nov 2014
AOR Received.
18 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
SLU 22 Aug 2015
Med's Request
26 Aug 2015
Med's Done....
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
11 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 Nov 2015

PaddyCCC

Jun 27, 2022
My PRTD was approved in around 2-3 days time. I got my passport back in 5 days.
Hi, was this recently? Did you apply it in person
My PRTD was approved in around 2-3 days time. I got my passport back in 5 days.
Hi, was this recently? Did you apply in person at the Singapore office? Do ypu have to book an appointment for the application. Do you mind sharing the process? Thank you in advance for your help.

the_witcher

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi, was this recently? Did you apply it in person

Hi, was this recently? Did you apply in person at the Singapore office? Do ypu have to book an appointment for the application. Do you mind sharing the process? Thank you in advance for your help.
I had applied for my PRTD in the end of June. PRTD applications in Singapore need to go through VFS.

I did the following

- Downloaded the forms needed from the website and filled them up even before going to Singapore.
- Went down to VFS Singapore to confirm the documents needed, the amount to pay and where to send the application. There is a PRTD processing fee that needs to be paid online and additional charges that need to be paid to VFS. The application needs to be mailed to VFS. You can probably call them as well but I was more comfortable talking to them in person.
- Mailed my application to VFS (using speed post). Depending on the time you go to the post office, the delivery is usually done the next day. Once VFS receives the application, they give you a tracking number that you can use to track the progress of your application.
- VFS sends the application to the embassy. I got a notification that my PRTD was approved 2 days after VFS sent it to the Embassy.
- After 2 more days, I got my passport. Took 1 day for the embassy to return my passport to VFS and 1 more day for VFS to courier my passport to me.

So, in total, I got my passport in 5 days time.

Reactions: ratsalad

PaddyCCC

Jun 27, 2022
I had applied for my PRTD in the end of June. PRTD applications in Singapore need to go through VFS.

I did the following

- Downloaded the forms needed from the website and filled them up even before going to Singapore.
- Went down to VFS Singapore to confirm the documents needed, the amount to pay and where to send the application. There is a PRTD processing fee that needs to be paid online and additional charges that need to be paid to VFS. The application needs to be mailed to VFS. You can probably call them as well but I was more comfortable talking to them in person.
- Mailed my application to VFS (using speed post). Depending on the time you go to the post office, the delivery is usually done the next day. Once VFS receives the application, they give you a tracking number that you can use to track the progress of your application.
- VFS sends the application to the embassy. I got a notification that my PRTD was approved 2 days after VFS sent it to the Embassy.
- After 2 more days, I got my passport. Took 1 day for the embassy to return my passport to VFS and 1 more day for VFS to courier my passport to me.

Thank you for the information. It is very helpful

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
Hi! Did you need to include photos in the prtd application? I saw on the new application form that photo is not needed. But I'm not sure..

I did the following

Reactions: Neuro

the_witcher

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi! Did you need to include photos in the prtd application? I saw on the new application form that photo is not needed. But I'm not sure..
Yes, I had included 2 photographs. Details about the photographs were in the document checklist that came with the application form.

PaddyCCC

Jun 27, 2022
Yes, I had included 2 photographs. Details about the photographs were in the document checklist that came with the application form.
Hi, what are the supporting documents that can prove residency obligation for PR less than 5 years. I have checked the website, i think they are asking for documents like employment record, Notice of Assessments etc. But i am not working. Not sure what other documents can be used.