+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD residency proof

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
What are considered valid documents to show for residency obligations? From my understanding the last 5 years have to be shown through valid documents?

However, my father doesn't have any accounts online (CRA, bank, utilities, etc.). I'm trying to help him gather everything so he could apply, however, I can't sit and sift through every single bill for the last 5 years.

Is there any other options to prove residency?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
What are considered valid documents to show for residency obligations? From my understanding the last 5 years have to be shown through valid documents?

However, my father doesn't have any accounts online (CRA, bank, utilities, etc.). I'm trying to help him gather everything so he could apply, however, I can't sit and sift through every single bill for the last 5 years.

Is there any other options to prove residency?
How’d he file his taxes ? Paper filing ?
If it’s for the five years, then it fits in one having to keep their tax records for the past six years . Ask him where he keeps his tax records , copies of his NOA.
You don’t have to have online accounts to keep records and or access them .
Just as before the internet, we had paper bank statements mailed out . Have him go into his bank and get copies for the years past.
Utilities? Call up the utility. Ask for copies
Gas company? As above
Phone company? As above
Paid property taxes ? Call up the municipality

As mentioned , before the internet came along, we kept paper . Not having online access won’t work as a reason

Last edited: