+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD residency obligation questions

radbick55

Nov 16, 2018
So i called ircc on the issue( got through with my canadian number even though im in germany) and they told me that its perfectly fine to apply for a prtd and that i wont run into trouble. I should simply supply a letter of explanation and a copy of my copr. Letter of explanation should say that i travelled before receiving my first pr card (to see my family in my case) and that im a brand new resident that would like to go back to canada. If i wish to i can supply a copy of my existing bail and tell them i live with my commonlawpartner in canada but its not mandatory.
I hope that helps others

Reactions: KOMARI

MisterP

Mar 14, 2019
Is record of past 5 years of Canadian TAX return enough proof to show for Residency Obligations? They ask for past boarding passes (which we dont have all), past past passport pages stamped (which Canada does not stamp much). we provided solid proof of travel bookings itenery receipts for the travel times we do not have boarding passes. We provided 2 job letters (1 explaining 5 years part time and the other full time 2018) . Its been nearly 4 weeks since Canadiam Embassy in Trinidad requested this additional information..

What to expect from this delay?

MisterP

Mar 14, 2019
Hi

You don't need to show anything. The fact that you are a brand new PR shows that you are able to meet the RO.
Is record of past 5 years of Canadian TAX return enough proof to show for Residency Obligations? They ask for past boarding passes (which we dont have all), past past passport pages stamped (which Canada does not stamp much). we provided solid proof of travel bookings itenery receipts for the travel times we do not have boarding passes. We provided 2 job letters (1 explaining 5 years part time and the other full time 2018) . Its been nearly 4 weeks since Canadiam Embassy in Trinidad requested this additional information..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

It helps, but it does not prove physical presence. The best proof is stuff that you could not possibly do outside Canada, such as medical/dental appointments etc.

MisterP

Mar 14, 2019
It helps, but it does not prove physical presence. The best proof is stuff that you could not possibly do outside Canada, such as medical/dental appointments etc.
They seem to have asked only for job letter, taxes, boarding passes and stamped passport pages (Canada doesn't stamp passports much) .