+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD rejection - Entering and leaving Canada on the same day

HariBS

May 21, 2016
Hello Experts,

I am going to apply for a PRTD in my home country as I have entered Canada 2 months before and left on the same day.

Will I get my PRTD or will they reject? Since I have stayed there not more than 12 hours.

Can you throw some light on this? I am really curious weather I will get my PRTD or not? And what is the processing time for PRTD in India?

With regards.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HariBS said:
Hello Experts,

I am going to apply for a PRTD in my home country as I have entered Canada 2 months before and left on the same day.

Will I get my PRTD or will they reject? Since I have stayed there not more than 12 hours.

Can you throw some light on this? I am really curious weather I will get my PRTD or not? And what is the processing time for PRTD in India?

With regards.
I believe the only time you can be rejected is if your PR card has been issued.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
kuskus said:
Not true. You can be refused even if a PR card was never issued, if you are not in compliance with the residency obligation requirements. However, in this particular case, that doesn't seem to apply.

HariBS

May 21, 2016
Thanks for yr valuable inputs, zardoz and kuskus.

How long would be the processing time? Do we have any online portal to check the processing time for PRTD?

Thanks in advance.

With regards.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Generally 2 weeks. How long did you stay in Canada?

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
Not true. You can be refused even if a PR card was never issued, if you are not in compliance with the residency obligation requirements. However, in this particular case, that doesn't seem to apply.
Please enlighten me; Not true that you are rejected if the PR card has been issued? Will the PRTD be issued even after his PR card has been issued or will he be rejected even though his PR card has not been issued?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
kuskus said:
Please enlighten me; Not true that you are rejected if the PR card has been issued? Will the PRTD be issued even after his PR card has been issued or will he be rejected even though his PR card has not been issued?
The PR card is, in theory, only a travel document. Don't get hung up on the card. Cards may fail to be issued for lots of reasons, such as bad photos, no initial residential address, etc.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
The PR card is, in theory, only a travel document. Don't get hung up on the card. Cards may fail to be issued for lots of reasons, such as bad photos, no initial residential address, etc.
Not hung on anything bro. My understanding of the issuance of PRTD is that it will only be issued if the PR card has not yet been issued, is that as you say, "Not true"? Both of your posts has so far, not addressed the OP's question. We're all here to learn.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
kuskus said:
Not hung on anything bro. My understanding of the issuance of PRTD is that it will only be issued if the PR card has not yet been issued, is that as you say, "Not true"? Both of your posts has so far, not addressed the OP's question. We're all here to learn.
That's not quite what you originally said
kuskus said:
What about if the card was lost or stolen after being issued? You can't apply, as far as I am aware, for the replacement if you are not in Canada. Therefore, you need a PR Travel Document to get home.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
That's not quite what you originally said What about if the card was lost or stolen after being issued? You can't apply, as far as I am aware, for the replacement if you are not in Canada. Therefore, you need a PR Travel Document to get home.
I have not edited my initial reply to the OP, please read it again. Your reply now, shows that that you didn't understand my initial post, cos you just agreed with it. Also, please, in future, try to understand a post before replying to it; if there's additional info, state it. As I said earlier, we're all learning.