+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

prtd rejected..got a notice for appeal ..please help!

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Can i file student visa along with withdrawl of my pr status.i mean can file withdraw of pr status and student visa together.mentioning that i want to withdraw pr status and want to go to canada as permanent resident

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can i file student visa along with withdrawl of my pr status.i mean can file withdraw of pr status and student visa together.mentioning that i want to withdraw pr status and want to go to canada as permanent resident
You can't file to renounce your PR and study permit at the same time. You will only qualify for a study permit after you are no longer a PR. You can't go to Canada as a PR, you will have to go as an international student. If you only have an acceptance letter for September you can't just arrive early. You will need an acceptance from a program that starts in May.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
You can't file to renounce your PR and study permit at the same time. You will only qualify for a study permit after you are no longer a PR. You can't go to Canada as a PR, you will have to go as an international student. If you only have an acceptance letter for September you can't just arrive early. You will need an acceptance from a program that starts in May.
Means this may.
sorry. I mistook . I m saying that i want to go there as TEMPORARY RESIDENT instead of permanent. Actually i recieved 2 offer letters for may intake but there valitidy of being filed were expired now.and now i have only one offer letter which is for sep intake of sheridan college. Fees submittions will start from 15 feb for that college.so can a withdraw pr status before i apply for student visa. Is i have a time for that.
On the other hand may intake is not available now. Almost all programs are full for may. So i have only option of sep.
Actually one thing i want to told u that i recieved the letter from embassy that i have option of appealing if i do not appeal within 60 days my pr status will be lost.what does it mean.it means that than there is no need to renounce pr status or what?
Also tell me please that what is the better option for me appealing or student visa.please reply soon i dnt have much time.
Thank you for ur valuable time

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Means this may.

sorry. I mistook . I m saying that i want to go there as TEMPORARY RESIDENT instead of permanent. Actually i recieved 2 offer letters for may intake but there valitidy of being filed were expired now.and now i have only one offer letter which is for sep intake of sheridan college. Fees submittions will start from 15 feb for that college.so can a withdraw pr status before i apply for student visa. Is i have a time for that.
On the other hand may intake is not available now. Almost all programs are full for may. So i have only option of sep.
Actually one thing i want to told u that i recieved the letter from embassy that i have option of appealing if i do not appeal within 60 days my pr status will be lost.what does it mean.it means that than there is no need to renounce pr status or what?
Also tell me please that what is the better option for me appealing or student visa.please reply soon i dnt have much time.
Thank you for ur valuable time
You don't seem to have grounds for appeal unless you haven't shared some other information. Renouncing your PR will likely be faster than waiting for the appeal period to expire and for the government to withdraw your PR status. Then you can apply for a study permit. After you apply to renounce your PR you can start working on getting your documents ready for your study permit and write your SOP. You will also have to advise your school if you applied as a domestic student that you are now an international student.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
You don't seem to have grounds for appeal unless you haven't shared some other information. Renouncing your PR will likely be faster than waiting for the appeal period to expire and for the government to withdraw your PR status. Then you can apply for a study permit. After you apply to renounce your PR you can start working on getting your documents ready for your study permit and write your SOP. You will also have to advise your school if you applied as a domestic student that you are now an international student.
Thankyou for advising me.i have recieved offer letter for sep intake as international student.if i apply for renouncing pr status within a week than it can be renounced in 2 or 3 months right before i file student visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thankyou for advising me.i have recieved offer letter for sep intake as international student.if i apply for renouncing pr status within a week than it can be renounced in 2 or 3 months right before i file student visa.
Should be faster than 2-3 months if you send in papers to renounce PR.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
No it won’t.
Thanks for ur truthful advices.my parents are still saying me to try prtd.but i dont want to take any risk.we will decide tonight that what is the final decision . One lawyer from canasa will call us my parents consult him.if the prtd has risk and will take time .i will surely apply for student visa.any other advises?
Thanks once again

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
what you can suggest me
to appeal or to apply student visa

i am ready to start my immigration process once again from the begining no problem

because i want to set my career and life in canada because i am getting married in the month of december to a guy who is working in canada

before i get marry i want to finish my studies and hv a job in my hand

so please suggest me which is the better option to choose ..if chances for appeal is there i can wait for that ..because i get pr ..if less chances and better chances as student visa ..i vl go for that

my question is if i apply for student visa i will loose my chance to appeal ..so what step i should choose ..m so confused

if nothing is possible after getting married my husband is going to sponser me spousal visa ..does lossing of appeal and student visa affect getting a spousal visa?

please please help me
Please reply soon i applied for prtd as i was removed as minor by my parents but it was refused and i m now applying for student visa .will rejected prtd has any negative effect on student visa ?

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
You can try. But I don't think this is a very strong argument. This law changing has nothing to do with the situation you are in. When the old law was still in place, 22 was still old for trying to save your PR status by arguing that you were removed from Canada as a minor.
hello,
actually I applied my prtd on H&C and was refused because officer was not satisfactory and I didn’t completed RO when I was child. As I was minor at that time. Now, I am in canada as a student and soon I will apply for post graduation work permit. I am planning to submit file to under nee TR to Pr pathway program as a essential worker because I am eligible for that. Will my previous PRTD or Residency obligation in previous PR or renounced PR affect my application.
Thankyou please reply soon