+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD refused. How to appeal?

modibaljit

Jan 15, 2018
My PRTD application along with my family was refused. We submitted our applications on 11th Feb, 2018 and got a reply on 2nd Aug, 2018 mentioning about refusal. We had applied on H&C grounds as we didn't meet RO obligations. They have given us the right to appeal. Should we do it? is it useful and how to do it?

At the time of my original PR and landing both my daughters were minors but one is 18 years old now. And she wants to join uni there in Canada. At least can her Appeal and other daughter still be successful?

Please HELP

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
My PRTD application along with my family was refused. We submitted our applications on 11th Feb, 2018 and got a reply on 2nd Aug, 2018 mentioning about refusal. We had applied on H&C grounds as we didn't meet RO obligations. They have given us the right to appeal. Should we do it? is it useful and how to do it?

At the time of my original PR and landing both my daughters were minors but one is 18 years old now. And she wants to join uni there in Canada. At least can her Appeal and other daughter still be successful?

Please HELP
If you don't appeal, your PR status, and that of any other family members that were denied, will be lost anyway. So, what do you have to lose?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
How long were you out of Canada? If they have already refused you older daughters application for H&C, it’s difficult to say if she will be successful in an appeal or not. She probably would have had a significantly better chance if she had applied on her own as having been removed as a child. Depending on how old your second daughter is, I would think her chances of retaining her PR is now entirely dependent on whether you have a successful appeal or not. Once her PR status is revoked, she would be unable to try to use being removed as a child as H&C grounds.
If you do appeal, and haven’t been in Canada in the last 365 days, IRCC does not have to provide a PRTD for the appeal process. Unless you can find another means to enter Canada, it’s likely they will process the appeal in your absence. You would need to retain a Canadian lawyer to represent you.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011

Please HELP
Hi

Did they send the passports and refusal letter along with the Notice of appeal form? Or did you get an email of refusal letter? If you got the hard copy then after how many days from the date of the letter?

Asking the above because ..my Kidd's got email refusal letter but no hard copy or passports . It's almost 1 month.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013

Please HELP
is that was first renewal application ? and how long you was out of Canada ?

Thanks

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
How long were you out of Canada? If they have already refused you older daughters application for H&C, it’s difficult to say if she will be successful in an appeal or not. She probably would have had a significantly better chance if she had applied on her own as having been removed as a child. Depending on how old your second daughter is, I would think her chances of retaining her PR is now entirely dependent on whether you have a successful appeal or not. Once her PR status is revoked, she would be unable to try to use being removed as a child as H&C grounds.
If you do appeal, and haven’t been in Canada in the last 365 days, IRCC does not have to provide a PRTD for the appeal process. Unless you can find another means to enter Canada, it’s likely they will process the appeal in your absence. You would need to retain a Canadian lawyer to represent you.
Hi

My wife and 3 kids applied for PRTD from india in September 2017.
I have an online account in CIC website. I have linked my 2 kids application in my account just to check the status.
On July 30 a Refusal letter for my both kids has been sent as message to my online account. It states that they need to appeal within 60 days.
My wife and other kid application is not linked with that account. They don't receive any such letter in the email.
As my wife is Primary applicant I was expecting she will receive email . It almost 50 days since the refusal letter sent to my 2 kids they dint Receive hard copy of the letter nor the passports.

When contacted the consulate they sent a email that they don't have any info as the file is processed in PRC Sydney office.

Now my concern is should I submit the appeal for both kids or not?

Why dint the sent hard copy of the letter and passports?

Why dint they sent any email or letter to primary applicant that is my wife?

The refusal letter is a soft copy without signature of the officer .so I was expecting the paper copy with signature.

I even sent web enquiry but no respons.

Can they refuse kids( below 18 years) application without Primary applicant (Parent)

The letter also states that they are entitled for PRTD as they have been in Canada in last 365 day period.

Thank You