+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Received but circumstance changed

salkab

Apr 9, 2015
Hello members,

I got my PRTD application approved but my circumstances changed. My wife and kids are living in Canada and they got their PR renewed and in this July they will complete 3 years stay requirement for citizenship.

I want to ask what is the best option I can have to keep my option open to return to Canada after 3 years for good. My business position does not allow me to move for good now and for this, I am not ready to move. However, the same time I don't want to let go my Canadian ties as I have a property there, paying taxes, wife and kids are settled there.

What option do I have to keep the Canadian residency status option after 3 years from now which I think is the time when I will be able to move for good. During this period, I will have to visit back and forth and my family can also visit me here? And as of now I only have PRTD which is valid for one-time entry only.

Should I surrender my PR status in this visit to Canada or shall I apply for PR Renewal based on H&C ground?

Expert guidance/thoughts are requested. Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Renounce your PR status, ask your wife to sponsor you as a new PR and move to Canada once you are ready.

Use the PRTD if you want to visit Canada and renounce PR status afterwards.

Reactions: salkab

salkab

Apr 9, 2015
Renounce your PR status, ask your wife to sponsor you as a new PR and move to Canada once you are ready.

Use the PRTD if you want to visit Canada and renounce PR status afterwards.
Thanks for the guidance. So clear and to the point.

May 3, 2021
Hello members,

I got my PRTD application approved but my circumstances changed. My wife and kids are living in Canada and they got their PR renewed and in this July they will complete 3 years stay requirement for citizenship.

I want to ask what is the best option I can have to keep my option open to return to Canada after 3 years for good. My business position does not allow me to move for good now and for this, I am not ready to move. However, the same time I don't want to let go my Canadian ties as I have a property there, paying taxes, wife and kids are settled there.

What option do I have to keep the Canadian residency status option after 3 years from now which I think is the time when I will be able to move for good. During this period, I will have to visit back and forth and my family can also visit me here? And as of now I only have PRTD which is valid for one-time entry only.

Should I surrender my PR status in this visit to Canada or shall I apply for PR Renewal based on H&C ground?

Expert guidance/thoughts are requested. Thanks.
I am sorry but I have a question for you if you do not mind. How much time did it take you to receive your PRTD? I applied through mail about a month ago and no news, yet. Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry but I have a question for you if you do not mind. How much time did it take you to receive your PRTD? I applied through mail about a month ago and no news, yet. Thank you
This really depends on the visa office you applied. Before the pandemic, I saw people who applied in Islamabad got it in several months.

salkab

Apr 9, 2015
yes sure. I applied in September and got an interview in October by Abu Dhabi embassy. Got approval after 5 days of the interview. Then I sent my passport for one time visa which took 8 days to return back to me. Total process took around 35 days. The visa I got had 6 months validity from the date of decision made or approval given. If you have more questions, please msg here. I will be happy to share my experience. Thanks