+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD - Processing time

km98

May 15, 2017
My father had applied for a prtd on h&c grounds for our family. It has been 4 moths since we applied and haven't heard anything yet. How long do you think it will take?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Entirely up to the visa office processing the PR TD.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015

Hello,

I had landed in Canada at April 2017 as a permanent resident and due to compulsory reasons; I had to leave Canada in May 2017, before receiving my PR card. Am I consider an H&C Case (i already filled the Q 19) & What is the processing time for a PRTD application from Riyadh visa office for my case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Hello,

I had landed in Canada at April 2017 as a permanent resident and due to compulsory reasons; I had to leave Canada in May 2017, before receiving my PR card. Am I consider an H&C Case (i already filled the Q 19) & What is the processing time for a PRTD application from Riyadh visa office for my case?
Where did you send your PR card? You can have someone courier it to you or apply for a PRTD. I would give yourself a month or more just to be sure you get the PRTD but I believe they usually take 2 weeks or more but that depends on how fast or slow the embassy/consulate is.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Where did you send your PR card? You can have someone courier it to you or apply for a PRTD. I would give yourself a month or more just to be sure you get the PRTD but I believe they usually take 2 weeks or more but that depends on how fast or slow the embassy/consulate is.
I tried to stay but couldnt(because of complications in KSA) so I but the address of a friend. unfortunately, according to him, he didn't receive the card. but how much more do you talk about? and am I in trouble because of the card? I try to stop issuing it when I was about to leave but I told that it's not possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I tried to stay but couldnt(because of complications in KSA) so I but the address of a friend. unfortunately, according to him, he didn't receive the card. but how much more do you talk about? and am I in trouble because of the card? I try to stop issuing it when I was about to leave but I told that it's not possible.
Not quite sure what you mean by "how much more do you talk about?". You should notify that you haven't received your PR card and ask to resend it. You aren't in trouble plenty of people do a short landing. As I previously said you can apply for a PRTD.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Not quite sure what you mean by "how much more do you talk about?". You should notify that you haven't received your PR card and ask to resend it. You aren't in trouble plenty of people do a short landing. As I previously said you can apply for a PRTD.
will I mean how much more time.you said that it could be 2 weeks or more. I was asking how much more time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Like I said in the post depends on the embassy/consulate and volume of applications. Could depend whether someone is on holiday. I find it us always best to add time for a buffer but at the minimum 2 weeks.

jondavesplat

Oct 27, 2017
Hey! Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm finding the CIC info a little unclear. I am a Canadian Permanent Resident, but my card has expired. I have applied for a renewal but it more than likely won't get here before I plan to leave for LA this coming Wednesday. I am only in LA for 5 days (Wed-Sun) but am wondering if a PRTD would be processed in that time. Am I supposed to take my PRTD application directly to the Consulate in LA, or submit it to a VAC? Any help you could provide would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

searchin82

Sep 30, 2017
Hi, need some advice. My wife did a short landing in Nov 2017, reason being to take care of our 10 month old baby (Canadian born currently in India). Now she needs to apply for PRTD to return to Canada. She most definitely wont receive her PR card before that considering the current wait times.

My question is should she apply on H&C grounds? If so what needs to be filled in Q 19? What all extra documents she need to provide over and above the forms to make her case stronger? Could there be an issues with this?