+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Processing Time 2022

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
This forum has helped me so I am passing it to others by helping. I will share my experience while applying for my wife's PRTD. She received her PR status while being in Canada but did not get PR card and had to travel to India. Her case was simple and was not complicated or on Humanitarian basis. Her return ticket is booked on 16 February.

I applied originally via email on 12 December and didnt hear back until 30 December other than automatic acknowledgement email on 12 December. Then I noticed that 1 of my attachment was unable to be opened so I sent all attachment again on 30 December.
Didn't hear back until 26 Jan.

12 Dec- original date of application
30 Dec- noticed mistake in application and re applied after correcting. (did not get any separate acknowledgement by IRCC for the corrected document)
26 Jan - passport request letter from IRCC.
28 Jan- used VFS webform to complete the form for passport submission and AWB generated same day
29 Jan - passport picked up by bluedart.
31 Jan- passport reached Delhi Canada Visa application center
1 Feb- received by IRCC for process.
7 Feb- passport dispatched from IRCC delhi to Visa application center Delhi, also same day Blue dart picked up and is in transit to Ahmedabad.
8 Feb- received call from Bluedart delivery guy that passport is couriered at 8 am but we were not home, requested Bluedart to deliver next day
9 Feb- passport received at home at 10 am. Single entry PRTD approved - valid for 1 year duration from date of approval.

PEARLS AND TIPS:

Sit back tight and do not send frequent emails or calls if your process is under normal processing time.
Make sure to check all your documents in SENT email is able to be reviewed/opened in adobe while you send your package to IRCC.
VFS sends you email at all steps from the time you send your passport to receiving your passport (however we did not get AWB for return courier service but passport arrived pretty quickly in 1 day from Delhi to Ahmedabad)

Total duration if calculated from 30 Dec to 8 Feb is less than 6 weeks. If you do not hear back from IRCC in 4 weeks after applying then it would be worth while to check with them, otherwise keep calm and continue to enjoy your life. !! Hope this experience helps other folks.

Good luck everyone.
My spouse wants to apply, however not able to download the forms.

Would you mind sharing the link to docs? Also a stepwise process please.

Thanks

Pranipow

Feb 7, 2022
This forum has helped me so I am passing it to others by helping. I will share my experience while applying for my wife's PRTD. She received her PR status while being in Canada but did not get PR card and had to travel to India. Her case was simple and was not complicated or on Humanitarian basis. Her return ticket is booked on 16 February.

I applied originally via email on 12 December and didnt hear back until 30 December other than automatic acknowledgement email on 12 December. Then I noticed that 1 of my attachment was unable to be opened so I sent all attachment again on 30 December.
Didn't hear back until 26 Jan.

12 Dec- original date of application
30 Dec- noticed mistake in application and re applied after correcting. (did not get any separate acknowledgement by IRCC for the corrected document)
26 Jan - passport request letter from IRCC.
28 Jan- used VFS webform to complete the form for passport submission and AWB generated same day
29 Jan - passport picked up by bluedart.
31 Jan- passport reached Delhi Canada Visa application center
1 Feb- received by IRCC for process.
7 Feb- passport dispatched from IRCC delhi to Visa application center Delhi, also same day Blue dart picked up and is in transit to Ahmedabad.
8 Feb- received call from Bluedart delivery guy that passport is couriered at 8 am but we were not home, requested Bluedart to deliver next day
9 Feb- passport received at home at 10 am. Single entry PRTD approved - valid for 1 year duration from date of approval.

PEARLS AND TIPS:

Sit back tight and do not send frequent emails or calls if your process is under normal processing time.
Make sure to check all your documents in SENT email is able to be reviewed/opened in adobe while you send your package to IRCC.
VFS sends you email at all steps from the time you send your passport to receiving your passport (however we did not get AWB for return courier service but passport arrived pretty quickly in 1 day from Delhi to Ahmedabad)

Total duration if calculated from 30 Dec to 8 Feb is less than 6 weeks. If you do not hear back from IRCC in 4 weeks after applying then it would be worth while to check with them, otherwise keep calm and continue to enjoy your life. !! Hope this experience helps other folks.

Good luck everyone.
Thank you for your response! thats very kind of you to give a detailed info of your experience..highly appreciate it! Hopefully we all will get a response from IRCC soon..

Abhishek Dave

Jan 28, 2022
My spouse wants to apply, however not able to download the forms.

Would you mind sharing the link to docs? Also a stepwise process please.

Thanks
Please use the following link and there is a great explanation for step by step process. Make sure you read everything in application forms guides to better understand the process and which documents are needed. Good luck !

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Please use the following link and there is a great explanation for step by step process. Make sure you read everything in application forms guides to better understand the process and which documents are needed. Good luck !

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html
Yep, downloaded the forms and would be submitting shortly. I may return to you for more queries, if any :)

Pranipow

Feb 7, 2022
@aj.financetutor @Pranipow - any updates on your application. how are you guys tracking the progress ?
Hi,
I received email for my Passport submission from IRCC last week and after four days I received the 2 way courier service from VFS..they provide tracking ID until the package reaches Delhi High commission office and then the IRCC office..After that it is wait time again..Passport reached Delhi IRCC last Friday and am waiting to hear back..It's been one week and still no response.. I was hoping to get my passport by this week..Hopefully I will get it early next week..

Reactions: CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi,
I received email for my Passport submission from IRCC last week and after four days I received the 2 way courier service from VFS..they provide tracking ID until the package reaches Delhi High commission office and then the IRCC office..After that it is wait time again..Passport reached Delhi IRCC last Friday and am waiting to hear back..It's been one week and still no response.. I was hoping to get my passport by this week..Hopefully I will get it early next week..
would you mind sharing your timelines from emailing documents till PPR? will help a lot. thanks.

Pranipow

Feb 7, 2022
would you mind sharing your timelines from emailing documents till PPR? will help a lot. thanks.
I don't mind at all..in my first post I have mentioned my first application was on 29th December and due to one small error( dint write my name in the subject line) I submitted again on 17th January..I received email for my passport submission on 17th Feb ( late night on Thursday) Blue dart came on 23rd to pick up my package( u will be informed about the documents along with the passport), reached Delhi high commision on 24th and IRCC on 25th..

Reactions: CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I don't mind at all..in my first post I have mentioned my first application was on 29th December and due to one small error( dint write my name in the subject line) I submitted again on 17th January..I received email for my passport submission on 17th Feb ( late night on Thursday) Blue dart came on 23rd to pick up my package( u will be informed about the documents along with the passport), reached Delhi high commision on 24th and IRCC on 25th..
Thats great. thanks. is there a way to track the progress of application. Also PPR is sent via which email ID ?

Pranipow

Feb 7, 2022
Thats great. thanks. is there a way to track the progress of application.
Unfortunately no there is none..they say check website and you will find ( when I asked via emai). But there is no option to track/check PRTD application..we can only check PR or other applications and that too only when your application is being processed..

Pranipow

Feb 7, 2022
Unfortunately no there is none..they say check website and you will find ( when I asked via emai). But there is no option to track/check PRTD application..we can only check PR or other applications and that too only when your application is being processed..
Thats great. thanks. is there a way to track the progress of application. Also PPR is sent via which email ID ?
Where are you at with your application?