+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Process

tomminad

Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am a permanent resident in Canada and I met the 730 residency within the last 5 years. I lost my pr card and my international passport in transit on my way back to my country. I applied for PRTD about 2 weeks ago, I explained in detailed how I misplaced my documents when I applied for PRTD.

I got this email today from the immigration.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

In order to be able to complete processing your application, please send:

· Copy of the biographic data page and all pages of valid passport (including blank pages). The validity on the passport should be at least 6 months.

· Copy of biographic data page and all pages of all previous passports (including blank pages) or travel documents used in the 5 years immediately preceding the application.

Wondering how to go about this.

Thanks!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Wondering how to go about this.
Get the new passport and then follow the instructions.

If you can't provide copies of previous passports (or more likely all pages), provide what you can and a letter explaining why you can't provide the rest.

rajp10

Mar 27, 2021
Hi
i got ecopr on 3 rd November 2021 and on the same day i travel to india on evening 3rd November 2021. I didn't get pr card yet. So i have to apply for prtd to return canada. Is it going to problem for me to get prtd because i left canada on the same day after i got my ecopr?

Thanks in advance.