+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

prtd please help??

newon

Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
I landed for first time in canada on november 2019 but I still dont have the PR card,I have a return ticket in my country after one week and I want to go back for 3 weeks and by the end of March to return again in canada ?if I fly without pr card will I be able to come back in canada after one month or not ?I have been in canada only for 3 months but still they haven't mailed my pr card and I have the plan ticket next week so I dont want to loose it so I want to visit my family for 3 weeks and come back in canada again ?am I able to do it or I can loose my pr card status and will not be able to return in canada again?please guys tell me all details please thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I landed for first time in canada on november 2019 but I still dont have the PR card,I have a return ticket in my country after one week and I want to go back for 3 weeks and by the end of March to return again in canada ?if I fly without pr card will I be able to come back in canada after one month or not ?I have been in canada only for 3 months but still they haven't mailed my pr card and I have the plan ticket next week so I dont want to loose it so I want to visit my family for 3 weeks and come back in canada again ?am I able to do it or I can loose my pr card status and will not be able to return in canada again?please guys tell me all details please thanks in advance
You need a PRTD or PR card to return to Canada by air.

newon

Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
so will not be any issue about returning back in canada?I can just leave should I call immigration before I will or i just leave canada and than when i go in my state i do next steps?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so will not be any issue about returning back in canada?I can just leave should I call immigration before I will or i just leave canada and than when i go in my state i do next steps?
The only issue is that sometimes PRTD can take more than 3 weeks to get. Depends on the location. You can also get someone to courier your PR card to you. Any idea why it is taking so longa?

newon

Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
in november they lost my pictures and resended some others to them in december,I did a phone call to them they said since u landed can take from 0 to 104 days to be mailed to your address,I got my sin number my health card but the pr card haven't come yet and I feel stressed cause I have paid for the flying ticket and is expensive but I want to go back home for only 3 weeks and come back in canada start a job but am afraid cause some peoples told me if u leave canada when u still waiting for pr card u loose your status and u will not be able to enter in canada again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
in november they lost my pictures and resended some others to them in december,I did a phone call to them they said since u landed can take from 0 to 104 days to be mailed to your address,I got my sin number my health card but the pr card haven't come yet and I feel stressed cause I have paid for the flying ticket and is expensive but I want to go back home for only 3 weeks and come back in canada start a job but am afraid cause some peoples told me if u leave canada when u still waiting for pr card u loose your status and u will not be able to enter in canada again
No you don’t lose your PR status. It is actually pretty common scenario. The issue is that some places have a longer wait to get PRTD. You should apply as soon as you arrive and hopefully you get your PR card so someone can send it to you.

Last edited:

newon

Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
so if I go back in my state my wife is still in canada so if they mail my pr card ,she can mail it to me and than no issue?so I dont need to call them to tell that am leaving there is no issue?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so if I go back in my state my wife is still in canada so if they mail my pr card ,she can mail it to me and than no issue?so I dont need to call them to tell that am leaving there is no issue?
Yes your wife can courier the PR card. Use something like fedex with tracking. It is a common thing to do. No need to call anyone about leaving for 3 weeks.

newon

Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
so I can be calm now ?nothing bad can happen ?they will not refuse me to come back after like 3 weeks ?thank u so so much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
so I can be calm now ?nothing bad can happen ?they will not refuse me to come back after like 3 weeks ?thank u so so much
You will be refused boarding by the airline if you do not have a PR card or PRTD. Nothing happens to your PR status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
can u help me please i really need to talk to someone and i hope u can help me
You need to post a question if you want help.