+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD or courier the PR Card?

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Hi,

We did a soft landing in Toronto on the 12th February 2017. We returned back to Singapore after 2 weeks as we had pending obligations to cater to. We are now planning to move permanently to Toronto in August. The PR cards have arrived and are safely in the possession of my cousin brother who lives in Toronto. My question is -

1) Should I apply for a PRTD from VFS Singapore for me and my family to travel to Canada.
2) Is it ok to have someone hand pick the PR cards and deliver it us to Singapore? Is it legal? When we re-enter Canada, will we be asked on how we got the possession of the cards since we left Canada before they arrived?

Also, can the PRTD be rejected under any circumstance?

Many thanks in advance!

shrinivaskk

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Very much interested to know the responses. Even I'm going for soft landing. Hence the answers will be helpful for me.
Thanks

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Just courier it. Don't complicate it. Its a common thing to do and many do it.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, couriering is the best option. It's not illegal to courier it.

Of course you need to make sure you use FedEx, DHL, or UPS international priority with signature requested - don't try and save money on this one :)

If you lived in a country where the courier delivery services were very unreliable (for e.g, if there's a civil war, widespread unrest, or something like that), then I'd recommend getting a PRTD. There are only a few countries in the world where that would apply.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
A friend of mine is travelling to Toronto. Should I ask him to pick it up for us and hand them over?

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi,

Could you manage to get your PR card collected by your friend and then handed over to you outside Canada? WIll be helpful for me if you can reply...please...
Thanks!

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
A friend of mine is travelling to Toronto. Should I ask him to pick it up for us and hand them over?
Hi, did you manage to get your PR card through a friend. Did it cause any inconvenience ? Can you please share your experience.