+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Online Application

MairaM

Jul 18, 2023
Hi,
I'm currently out of Canada for vacation, my PR status expires on August 3 2023, I've already applied for a renewal before I left (still not any news on that), but due to the processing times being long, there was no way my new card would arrive before I left for my trip. So now I'm applying for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) thru the online portal. I've uploaded all the documents and in every section says "Ready to Submit", however, on the section of the IMM5444 form it says "in progress" and I'm wondering, does this have to do with the fact that I don't have an expired pr card yet? Because there is a field in the beginning of the form that asked you
1.1 Please select the situation that applies to you
-Apply for a PRTD as I don't have a valid PR Card (which I still do)
-Apply for a PRTD as my PR Card was lost, stolen, damaged.

I picked the first option even tho my card is still not expired.

Do you think this is why the status says "in progress" instead of "Ready to submit"? Because I believe every other field is filled correctly as I followed the instructions.
Thank you in advance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I'm currently out of Canada for vacation, my PR status expires on August 3 2023, I've already applied for a renewal before I left (still not any news on that), but due to the processing times being long, there was no way my new card would arrive before I left for my trip. So now I'm applying for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) thru the online portal. I've uploaded all the documents and in every section says "Ready to Submit", however, on the section of the IMM5444 form it says "in progress" and I'm wondering, does this have to do with the fact that I don't have an expired pr card yet? Because there is a field in the beginning of the form that asked you
1.1 Please select the situation that applies to you
-Apply for a PRTD as I don't have a valid PR Card (which I still do)
-Apply for a PRTD as my PR Card was lost, stolen, damaged.

I picked the first option even tho my card is still not expired.

Do you think this is why the status says "in progress" instead of "Ready to submit"? Because I believe every other field is filled correctly as I followed the instructions.
Thank you in advance.
Are you NOT returning to Canada before your card expires? Is that the reason for your PRTD application?

MairaM

Jul 18, 2023
Are you NOT returning to Canada before your card expires? Is that the reason for your PRTD application?
I’m supposed to come back to Canada after my card expires and that’s why I’m applying for a prtd, because by then I won’t have a valid pr card to be able to enter the country

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’m supposed to come back to Canada after my card expires and that’s why I’m applying for a prtd, because by then I won’t have a valid pr card to be able to enter the country
If you don't receive the PRTD (or new PR Card) your only option may be to fly to the U.S. (nearest airport to your closest land PoE) and then enter Canada in a personal (friend's) vehicle, or on foot. You can re-enter Canada at a land PoE without a valid PR Card.

MairaM

Jul 18, 2023
If you don't receive the PRTD (or new PR Card) your only option may be to fly to the U.S. (nearest airport to your closest land PoE) and then enter Canada in a personal (friend's) vehicle, or on foot. You can re-enter Canada at a land PoE without a valid PR Card.
Thank you for the info, I really appreciate it! However my issue for now is to figure out why the form (IMM5444) still says "in progress" instead "ready to submit" like all the other documents I've uploaded.

Dec 16, 2023
I applying for a PRTD online but when asking for the date I become a Permanent residence ,it's keep saying the date is not correct. Any suggestions plz