+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD on line application query, question no 4.1, address history

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Hi, I have to apply for PRTD on H & C ground from India as I could not go to Canada for last 10 years due to personal issues. In online PRTD form (imm5444e) question no 4.1 ask for address history of last five years inside & outside Canada. I last 5 years I visited hong kong for five days as a tourist. Do I need to write address for Hong Kong visit? Pls guide....

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I have to apply for PRTD on H & C ground from India as I could not go to Canada for last 10 years due to personal issues. In online PRTD form (imm5444e) question no 4.1 ask for address history of last five years inside & outside Canada. I last 5 years I visited hong kong for five days as a tourist. Do I need to write address for Hong Kong visit? Pls guide....
No. that's in the travel history, not address history.

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
I was out of Canada for last five years so i went out 5 days to some place to visit , do i need to mention it even in the travel history

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I was out of Canada for last five years so i went out 5 days to some place to visit , do i need to mention it even in the travel history
OK. I downloaded form IMM 5444 and I don't see a section for "travel history". So it doesn't need to be mentioned.
(only section 5.5 Time Spent Outside Canada)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
The PR TD application, which is IMM 5444 (which in most respects is the same used for a PR card application) calls for travel history, or literally a "list of absences" from Canada, in Section 5.5, which provides a table in which the PR lists, in addition to the from and to dates, the locations during the absence. Typically the PR would list the city and country for their primary location/destination and at least then list additional countries visited, all in the same box.

Since your application is relying entirely on H&C relief with zero days credit for time in Canada, assuming you remained in one country most of the time, it is probably not critical to list all countries visited during the relevant five years, assuming you were mostly in one city and country during these five years. But the instructions nonetheless call for you to list the locations where you were abroad by city and country.

OK. I downloaded form IMM 5444 and I don't see a section for "travel history". So it doesn't need to be mentioned.
PR TD and PR card applicants do list their travel history, the from and to dates of absences from Canada, in the table in Section 5.5. And as I noted above, the third column in that table calls for a list of locations during each respective period abroad.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But...isn't time spent outside of Canada, in theory, travel history?

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
So as I was out of Canada in last 5 years all 1825 days & applying on H & C ground. , In this period I just travelled one country for 5 days & passport stamped in & out. Do this need to be mentioned somewhere as I was already out of Canada. Pls advise..
Also If it is not mentioned, hope it is nothing like concealing any fact as passport is stamped?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
So as I was out of Canada in last 5 years all 1825 days & applying on H & C ground. , In this period I just travelled one country for 5 days & passport stamped in & out. Do this need to be mentioned somewhere as I was already out of Canada. Pls advise..
Also If it is not mentioned, hope it is nothing like concealing any fact as passport is stamped?
Answered.

As already said: Yes, the table in Section 5.5 has a box to list location(s) abroad during your absence.

Whether failing to disclose it will cause a problem is a different question. But why not disclose it? Makes no sense to not list it.

If you have already made the application and did not disclose it, that's done. Probably not important; probably not something that will affect the outcome much.

Besides, given how long it has been since you were in Canada, unless you were removed from Canada as a minor and are making this application soon after your 18th or 19th birthday, at the least before your 23rd birthday (which given the age of your daughter, who you asked about previously, does not appear to be the situation), the odds are probably very much against getting H&C relief. Of course it depends on the particular circumstances in your specific situation, but ten years gone . . . no harm in trying, but . . . well, let us know how it goes.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
But...isn't time spent outside of Canada, in theory, travel history?
5.5 stated:
You must provide all your absences from Canada druing the past five (5) years or since becoming a PR if less than five (5) years ago. List your absences from the most cenent to the oldest. You must include a reason for the absence in the table below.

So I think OP only needs to fill in the "absences" from Canada. Not what he does during the absences.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If you are worried, include a letter of explination and put down the 5 days that you travelled and the reason.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
5.5 stated:
You must provide all your absences from Canada druing the past five (5) years or since becoming a PR if less than five (5) years ago. List your absences from the most cenent to the oldest. You must include a reason for the absence in the table below.

So I think OP only needs to fill in the "absences" from Canada. Not what he does during the absences.
Agreed, but since the reason for the absence was `to visit some place', it sounds like travel to me.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
5.5 stated:

Yeah. That's travel history. Dates of travel outside Canada. Not complicated.

Moreover, in addition to disclosing the reason for the travel, the table in Section 5.5 has a column in which the PR lists their "location(s)" during the absence, by city and country. No need to detail dates of international travel between the disclosed to and from dates of absence from Canada, but it does ask for locations, so if the PR is following the instructions and providing the information requested, regarding the PR's travel history, that requires listing "Hong Kong, China" in the table along with listing the PR's primary location while abroad, and listing any other countries visited during the absence.

That said, for @manpreet4875, given the total absence from Canada for the entire period of time that is relevant to the RO assessment, zero days in Canada during the five years that count, this information is largely if not entirely insignificant, so a failure to list Hong Kong as a location abroad during those five years is not likely to get any attention, let alone be a problem. The strength of the H&C reasons for not coming to Canada will determine how this goes.

Reactions: manpreet4875

vikash_vimal

Star Member
May 26, 2018
I had mailed the detailed form along with checklist for PRTD however i received mail stating mail is no longer in use.
Apply through portal or VAC. when i am applying through portal i am getting error stating YOUR CHANGES CANNOT BE SAVED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

CAN ANYONE HELP.

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Answered.

As already said: Yes, the table in Section 5.5 has a box to list location(s) abroad during your absence.

Whether failing to disclose it will cause a problem is a different question. But why not disclose it? Makes no sense to not list it.

If you have already made the application and did not disclose it, that's done. Probably not important; probably not something that will affect the outcome much.

Besides, given how long it has been since you were in Canada, unless you were removed from Canada as a minor and are making this application soon after your 18th or 19th birthday, at the least before your 23rd birthday (which given the age of your daughter, who you asked about previously, does not appear to be the situation), the odds are probably very much against getting H&C relief. Of course it depends on the particular circumstances in your specific situation, but ten years gone . . . no harm in trying, but . . . well, let us know how it goes.
I applied PRTD on H & C grounds on online portal today, status is Submitted... How much time it takes for decision?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I applied PRTD on H & C grounds on online portal today, status is Submitted... How much time it takes for decision?
There is wide variation in processing timelines for PR TD applications even for PRs who not in breach of the RO. For a PR TD application relying on H&C relief, in addition to longer processing times in general, which can be quite a lot longer, there is even more variability in how long it takes. Maybe others here have some broad ballpark idea but mostly it is very difficult if not impossible to forecast the timeline. Sorry.