+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD on humanitarian compassionate grounds refusal and further impacts.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi there,
Actually I applied for PRTD on humanitarian compassionate grounds in 2018 of being minor.As I came back in India and never returned back to Canada. Thats why I didn’t meet the requirements. So, my application of PRTD is refused. Then I renounced my PR and came in Canada on student visa. now, I will be applying for workpermit. I am now concerned that, will my refusal of PRTD on humanitarian compassionate grounds will affect my Work permit or any further process of PR?
Please reply
thankyou

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,
Actually I applied for PRTD on humanitarian compassionate grounds in 2018 of being minor.As I came back in India and never returned back to Canada. Thats why I didn’t meet the requirements. So, my application of PRTD is refused. Then I renounced my PR and came in Canada on student visa. now, I will be applying for workpermit. I am now concerned that, will my refusal of PRTD on humanitarian compassionate grounds will affect my Work permit or any further process of PR?
Please reply
thankyou
No impact.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that Canada will not care about your previous PR status. The only thing that would have been affected by previous PR status is the ability to prove that you don't want to remain in Canada. Given that you got a study permit it wasn't an issue.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Agree that Canada will not care about your previous PR status. The only thing that would have been affected by previous PR status is the ability to prove that you don't want to remain in Canada. Given that you got a study permit it wasn't an issue.
So this means . there will be no impact on my PR application. As I am applying under new TR to Pr pathway program under essential worker stream. I am afraid that officer might think that she got refusal for prtd and thus she is not able to qualify this or something like that.
One thing more. Please suggest that do I need to attach my renounced PRTD form with my application along with the refusal letter I received when I got PRTD refusal?
Thankyou please reply soon.