+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD on H&C ground category RC1

Hijazi

Oct 12, 2021
Hi
I have got PRTD on H&C ground category RC1 with all my family after long time out Canada for emergency reason.
I understand from forum members that I can apply soon after arriving for renewal PR because I have positive H&C case.
My question is can any member share cases like mine and what’s happened next?
Like long time for renewal, go to appeal or lost status any information from real background.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I have got PRTD on H&C ground category RC1 with all my family after long time out Canada for emergency reason.
I understand from forum members that I can apply soon after arriving for renewal PR because I have positive H&C case.
My question is can any member share cases like mine and what’s happened next?
Like long time for renewal, go to appeal or lost status any information from real background.
Thanks
It can be many months to get a PR card. There is also an expiry date in the PRTD so you must enter by that time.

Hijazi

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for your reply
But still some things missing how come I will stay two years without new pr to activate Medical insurance, to apply for my son's in universities as domestic students
And things I do not know like refuse renewal or and go with appeal.
For that I asked members for case like me
Goes in all process.
Regards

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your reply
But still some things missing how come I will stay two years without new pr to activate Medical insurance, to apply for my son's in universities as domestic students
And things I do not know like refuse renewal or and go with appeal.
For that I asked members for case like me
Goes in all process.
Regards
There are more threads with discussion of this issue in the permanent residency obligation forum:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/permanent-residency-obligations.11/

Please check there. My understanding is that there is no formal 'two year' requirement - but it still might take some months to actually get PR cards.

Health care: provincial matter, i.e. what specifically is required will depend on province. They do not all require PR cards, but whether they would accept what you have - certainly no way to say without knowing which province.
University: similar - universities will require some evidence of status BUT specifics of what each university are willing to accept may vary. Note also - for the most part you can APPLY to a university as a domestic student without much evidence; the issue of showing you are a domestic student becomes important at stage of getting billed and paying for tuition. (Also universities' registrars are not generally experts in immigration statutes and the nuances of eg rc-1 status, so may take a bit of communication with them...)

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010 (returned MAY sent back JULY)
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
Hi there I posted somewhere else years ago for a close work friend. As she has recently been in touch I wanted more advice on the situation but not sure what thread to post on?

The long and short is her estranged husbsnd married her under misrepresentation, she was pregnant when found out and he also had criminal convictions that weren't disclosed or beknown to her. She reported 9years ago to now IRCC, the case has recently been investigated where he has to report weekly (or warrant) and he appealed on H&C grounds (from commonlaw) as he now has another child.

My friend moved abroad years ago but he didn't know she reported him but she is glad to be away from him, but wondering how long the process for a final decision will be made (their child can get full closure, he doesnt support them just makes random calls) he has no travel documents and COVID will also delay things but think appeal has been refused at Federal court and H&C is his last hope! Please can the experienced members reply as this has been going on for a lengthy time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there I posted somewhere else years ago for a close work friend. As she has recently been in touch I wanted more advice on the situation but not sure what thread to post on?

The long and short is her estranged husbsnd married her under misrepresentation, she was pregnant when found out and he also had criminal convictions that weren't disclosed or beknown to her. She reported 9years ago to now IRCC, the case has recently been investigated where he has to report weekly (or warrant) and he appealed on H&C grounds (from commonlaw) as he now has another child.

My friend moved abroad years ago but he didn't know she reported him but she is glad to be away from him, but wondering how long the process for a final decision will be made (their child can get full closure, he doesnt support them just makes random calls) he has no travel documents and COVID will also delay things but think appeal has been refused at Federal court and H&C is his last hope! Please can the experienced members reply as this has been going on for a lengthy time.
Depending on when the H&C application was submitted, it could be another couple of years.

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
Hi Scylla thanks for your reply. I believe it was submitted last year Summer.

Will he still have to report weekly and can he work with no status (apply for TRV)? She gets nothing to support their child, but somehow he finds lawyer fees (or legal aid, I'm not sure)

It seems like a life sentence, hope it's not too long (end of this year) for their sake, who are the innocent parties in this case:(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla thanks for your reply. I believe it was submitted last year Summer.

Will he still have to report weekly and can he work with no status (apply for TRV)? She gets nothing to support their child, but somehow he finds lawyer fees (or legal aid, I'm not sure)

It seems like a life sentence, hope it's not too long (end of this year) for their sake, who are the innocent parties in this case:(
It's hard to answer these questions without knowing the very detailed information of exactly what he has applied for and the exact status of those applications. Applying with / under H&C can mean many things. I would assume that his current common law partner has also applied to sponsor him for PR. It's quite possible he could have a few different applications in progress right now.

The short answer to your questions is that it's possible the weekly reporting could be dropped at some point depending on status and decisions related to his application(s). Also possible a work permit could be granted at some point.

It's really impossible to answer any of your questions definitively withouth detailed information (i.e. exactly what he has applied for, exactly when, detailed status). There's always also some chance he may be allowed to stay.

My two cents is that your friend needs to move on and stop worrying or being upset about his status. What happens to him isn't going to change her situation and all she is doing is creating stress and anxiety for herself. She needs to put this in the past, completely forget about him, and move on.

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
Thanks for your honest advice. She has left and started afresh but has trust issues. He tends to "pop up" now and then with random updates (which could be lies) and asking about their child.

However, what happens to him, does affect their child and she doesn't want to hide anything as children can grow up and be resentful.
My advice is once child reaches 18 (roughly 10 years time) can make own decisions, but right now it causes too much confusion and they may never get the closure/outcome she wants. It has been 10 years and still ongoing!

Well, I'll still be her buddy regardless:D. I told hubby I cant imagine going through something like this and hope it can be resolved soon