+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD in India - VACs closed

saiyanprince

Oct 29, 2020
Hello,

I recently received my PR confirmation letter. I have been in Canada for a while already and since I am inland I do not need to complete any landing which are new covid related changes.

I have to travel to india for a family emergency. I see that all the VACs are closed at this moment in India.

I would like to know
  1. If anyone knows the recent processing times for PRTD when applied through email?
  2. Once PRTD is received, do we need to submit passport to get a visa stamp or something?
Please clarify.

Thanks in advance

admodi86

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i applied prtd recently online from india and got it in 9 days. its email approval and u hv to get letter of authorization within 30 days of travel via email, unless vacs are open and u can get stamping done. if they are not, letter of authorization on email will work.

saiyanprince

Oct 29, 2020
Hi @admodi86. Thanks for your response. That helps. Can you clarify what you mean by "letter of authorization within 30 days of travel".

• Do you mean we should travel within 30 days once we get the email approval?
  • Do you mean we should apply for PRTD within 30 days of our travel date/

Please clarify

i applied prtd recently online from india and got it in 9 days. its email approval and u hv to get letter of authorization within 30 days of travel via email, unless vacs are open and u can get stamping done. if they are not, letter of authorization on email will work.

aujla

Aug 11, 2014
can you tell how do you pay fee , and do we have to send passport for PRTD , where do we send as VACS are closed

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
Hi, Could you please share process if possible?

thukralc

Dec 23, 2020
Hi @admodi86. Thanks for your response. That helps. Can you clarify what you mean by "letter of authorization within 30 days of travel".

Please clarify
Hi Prince,

I am in the same situation, I have applied for my PR card which is taking really long. And I have to travel to India for my wedding. Could you please share your experience of PRTD? How long did it it take to get the PRTD? Which VAC center did you apply at? And what is this 30 day rule? Please help. Thank you

sunny-sk7

Feb 16, 2021

Please clarify

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Prince,

I am in the same situation, I have applied for my PR card which is taking really long. And I have to travel to India for my wedding. Could you please share your experience of PRTD? How long did it it take to get the PRTD? Which VAC center did you apply at? And what is this 30 day rule? Please help. Thank you
Be prepared that you may get stuck in India indefinitely.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
dd you get prtd?
we applied prtd last sep but nt get yet.
Did you apply for PRTD through a VAC? If not and you had to go through the email method just send a follow up email on the same email id. This worked for my wife PRTD. We applied for her in November 2020, a few follow ups and they gave us a PPR, We sent the Passport to Delhi VAC through Courier service provided by the VAC and she got a multi entry PRTD till January 2022. Hope it works for you too.

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
Hi @admodi86

What is " letter of authorization" ? Is it different from PRTD approval email ?
1. How can I get " letter of authorization ", where to submit it? I already have PRTD approval on email. Where is this process clearly documented.

Please help, as india VAC are closed, how people with permanent status with no pr card / or PRTD can travel to canada.

I have applied for PRTD got approval, but visa is not stamped.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hi @admodi86

What is " letter of authorization" ? Is it different from PRTD approval email ?
1. How can I get " letter of authorization ", where to submit it? I already have PRTD approval on email. Where is this process clearly documented.

Please help, as india VAC are closed, how people with permanent status with no pr card / or PRTD can travel to canada.

I have applied for PRTD got approval, but visa is not stamped.
When you say approval do you mean you got a passportport submission email from IRCC?

The LOA was being given out last year by IRCC when the VAC's were closed for 6 months plus. It was given to people who had their journey planned in near future, others still had to wait for VAC's to open. You actually had to send a copy of your flight ticket. This is undocumented cos it was an emergency move.

Now that the number of cases in India are going down my assumption is the VAC's should open in a month from now and if you had PPR you can send your passport for stamping through 2way courier service.

I can understand your apprehension though. I was stuck in similar manner last year in India, my wife got PRTD after 4 months of followup in April but is still stuck in India for nearly 1.5 years now as we are now awaiting VAC's to open to fulfil PPR for my kids Sponsorship.

Manisohi

May 30, 2021
I applied PRTD online and they sent passport request but vac has been closed from one month is there any alternative way so I can get PRTD by email or have to wait for vac to reopen again

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Hi, I am in the same boat as you guys. My PR card is going to expire soon but stuck here in India. I need to apply for email PRTD.

What are all the documents that need to attach to the email? Document checklist says 2 Photos, any 2 copies from the list such as NOA, Bank statements etc.

please help me