+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD in India (getting married in India after landing)

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Hi All,
I will be doing my landing at Toronto on 3 April. I will return to India on 11 April for my wedding. I will be in India till 4 May. I will have to apply for a PRTD as I will not have a PR card by then. Now, when I look at the PRTD application form, I notice that there is an "Engaged" option under Marital Status. I will have to check this box. My fiance is already a PR since Dec 2016. I had applied for my PR independently under EE FSW.
Here is my question - I will have to tell them that I am in India for our wedding. We have already booked separate tickets for the wedding trip. But, when I apply for PRTD, my marital status will be "Engaged" not "Married". However, when I travel back to Canada, I will be married. Will this cause any delays in my PRTD application? I want to know if they will hold my application and ask me to submit marriage certificate after the wedding (27 April). If they ask for that, then I will not receive my PRTD by 4th May.
What are my options?

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hi All,
However, when I travel back to Canada, I will be married. Will this cause any delays in my PRTD application? I want to know if they will hold my application and ask me to submit marriage certificate after the wedding (27 April). If they ask for that, then I will not receive my PRTD by 4th May.
What are my options?
Likely not, issuance of a PRTD is contingent upon satisfying the RO, and since it would just be a few months since you landed in Canada as an immigrant at the time of your application, you are likely to sail through the process. As for the marriage certificate, you could perhaps add a cover letter to your application explaining the circumstances under which you are applying.

I would advise you to check the processing time for issuance of a PRTD at New Delhi, and plan your moves accordingly.

Reactions: tejasmhaskar

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Likely not, issuance of a PRTD is contingent upon satisfying the RO, and since it would just be a few months since you landed in Canada as an immigrant at the time of your application, you are likely to sail through the process. As for the marriage certificate, you could perhaps add a cover letter to your application explaining the circumstances under which you are applying.

I would advise you to check the processing time for issuance of a PRTD at New Delhi, and plan your moves accordingly.
Thanks. We don’t want to hide the real reason for my trip (which is our wedding). I am only doing my landing to avoid the delay as I won’t be able to land with my copr after I get married.