+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD help

atikaco

Dec 28, 2014
Dear all,

My case is very critical and i need a help please,
I was 21 years old when i left Canada in 2009 and we had stayed there about 200 days only and the purpose was that my grandmother was in a "Coma" so when he died after 5-6 months my father left the home regarding the nerve disease and then my father and mother had divorced. So in my case was that i have to stay with my mother and don't leave her alone so i have to work and study in the university part time to spent all the home fees and medical treatments since my mother had a surgery before and because i was taking care of my young brothers. When my brother grow on and will about finish university i will be able to go to Canada again so i apply for a PRTD and i got a refused application.
Note that when i apply i wrote only about my grandmother and i didn't right anything else.
so my question is when i will apply for an appeal, my situation after my grandmother will be taken in consideration or not?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think it's very unlikely your appeal will succeed but you can always try.

Studying outside of Canada is not accepted as a reason for failing to meet the residency requirement. Neither is working outside of Canada.

You can try to use your mother's illness as a reason for failing to meet the residency requirement. However you will have to prove that she was very ill (critically ill) for the last five years and this prevented you from returning to Canada because you were the only one who was able to take care of her during this entire time. To prove this you will need to provide hard evidence in the form of doctor's letters, hospitalization records, etc.