+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD H&C

hruday02

Jan 10, 2023
Applied PRTD on 21 July 2022 on H&C grounds removed as minor through lawyer. So far no acknowledgement or any mail. Any one on the same boat as me. Please update

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Applied PRTD on 21 July 2022 on H&C grounds removed as minor through lawyer. So far no acknowledgement or any mail. Any one on the same boat as me. Please update
It is a long process with no timeline. Also dependent on processing location.

hruday02

Jan 10, 2023
Already six months donno how long it takes to process. In state of confusion whether to give up and go for student visa or wait and see another two months?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Already six months donno how long it takes to process. In state of confusion whether to give up and go for student visa or wait and see another two months?
Your Choice but since you’ve already waited 6 months you might as well wait for an answer. When you haven’t met your RO and don’t have a valid PR card and are attempting to be able to return to Canada based on H&C reasons you have to be prepared to wait.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You aren't eligible for a student visa, so that isn't an option unless you decide to renounce your PR.

Reactions: canuck78

traumasurgeon

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
28-10-2010
IELTS Request
28-10-2010
Med's Request
20-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2012
My son applied through VAC office on March 22 for H&C taken as a minor. Still no response other than in process. That my give you a sight for waiting period

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My son applied through VAC office on March 22 for H&C taken as a minor. Still no response other than in process. That my give you a sight for waiting period
It doesn’t look like your children ever lived in Canada so applying for PRTD based on H&C is a last ditch effort to be able to return to Canada so whether people have to wait months to a year it is hard to say someone needs to urgently return to Canada never having lived there after a decade of getting PR. It has become much harder for children to get PRTD based on H&C since so many are now applying without having spent anytime in Canada. It has become a well known method to try and keep PR for children when families have never lived in Canada so Canada has become much more strict with their approvals.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

traumasurgeon

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
28-10-2010
IELTS Request
28-10-2010
Med's Request
20-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2012
For the posts above judging my situation; first of all I am a surgeon and my financial situation is good in my country. I applied through FSW and got accepted, but it doesn’t mean I can start as a doctor straightforward. I need to be fully licensed.That’s why I didn`t want to come before dealing the license issue. But as you may know, it’s not an easy proces. (average licensing time for IMG is 5-6 years). Now I am about to be done, but I missed the timeline for obligation and so my family. So I am using my right to take the view of embassy if I and my family are able to enter Canada as PR. I know, you are used to people, coming to Canada with some savings and start working as a cab driver or at Tim hortons. Sorry I am not that kind, I want to work properly in my field and actually that’s what Canada wants in the first place. Never judge people without actually knowing the reasons. And me and my family do not sneak through the border as many ask here. We formally applied through embassy. If they think we aren’t qualified, we relinquish the PR, it is that easy.

Reactions: manpreet4875

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For the posts above judging my situation; first of all I am a surgeon and my financial situation is good in my country. I applied through FSW and got accepted, but it doesn’t mean I can start as a doctor straightforward. I need to be fully licensed.That’s why I didn`t want to come before dealing the license issue. But as you may know, it’s not an easy proces. (average licensing time for IMG is 5-6 years). Now I am about to be done, but I missed the timeline for obligation and so my family. So I am using my right to take the view of embassy if I and my family are able to enter Canada as PR. I know, you are used to people, coming to Canada with some savings and start working as a cab driver or at Tim hortons. Sorry I am not that kind, I want to work properly in my field and actually that’s what Canada wants in the first place. Never judge people without actually knowing the reasons. And me and my family do not sneak through the border as many ask here. We formally applied through embassy. If they think we aren’t qualified, we relinquish the PR, it is that easy.
If you continued practicing in Turkey you would still have to redo your residency now if you came back to Canada and it is very unlikely you could get a residency as a surgeon. If you are in a good financial situation in Turkey and practice medicine why would you come back to Canada and try to repeat your residency at this point. Based on all your posts you are trying to have one of your children return to Canada not your whole family. Your family has only spent 10 days in Canada a very long time ago based on your post which is less than many international students who may have vacationed in Canada. At least be honest. Highly likely your child would like to attend university in Canada given that both parents are doctors and pay domestic tuition which is why your child is attempting to get PRTD based on H&C.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If you want to practice in Canada, you would have move to Canada and try to get licensed in Canada. Licensing obtained outside has very slim chance tgo allow you to practice as IMG inside.

Anyway, there is no real "timeline" for H&C PRTD. So you just need to wait and see what is the result.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Yah alright ……

You landed in 2012

11 years ago

Gotta get that kid into school though