+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD H&C GROUNDS 8 MONTHS

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Hi All.

I have applied for PRTD on H&C GROUNDS from India Bangalore Visa Office.

It's been 8 Months since I applied and no communication from Visa Office.

Any comments ?

I had applied on 25 Sep 2017.

dimpu

Jun 14, 2016
Hi All.

Any comments ?

Hi! It takes a lot of time.. I think u should now receive the 1st stage decision. I applied at delhi office fr h&c pr fr my bro on feb1st 2018 n hvnt received back. Let me know if u hear anything back.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All.

Any comments ?

H&C applications take much longer than most others and have a much lower success rate. You will just need to be patient.

The most recent official stats that I could find state 58% approvals and 30 months processing.

Last edited:

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
H&C applications take much longer than most others and have a much lower success rate. You will just need to be patient.

The most recent official stats that I could find state 58% approvals and 30 months processing.
Hi

Thanks for the info.
Can you please provide the details like website etc from where you got this official stats info.

Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ok .
I have checked the link but could not find any thing regarding PRTD processing time on H&C grounds .
Sorry, I got that wrong. Ignore the stats I posted. I misread the original post.

cuteJ

Feb 21, 2018

Hi Zardoz,
I have a situation. I just came back from Canada without collecting my PR card (that was urgent for me to come back) and now, I was planning to get a prtd to return to Canada on h&c grounds. But it seems like it will take ages. Waiting for 36 months only for approval is too much. Isn't it possible that someone can bring my pr card to me while travelling from Canada to India? And, then I can use my pr card to re-enter Canada. Is there any risk?

Please suggest. If anyone else has any input then, please advise what I should do.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Zardoz,
I have a situation. I just came back from Canada without collecting my PR card (that was urgent for me to come back) and now, I was planning to get a prtd to return to Canada on h&c grounds. But it seems like it will take ages. Waiting for 36 months only for approval is too much. Isn't it possible that someone can bring my pr card to me while travelling from Canada to India? And, then I can use my pr card to re-enter Canada. Is there any risk?

Please suggest. If anyone else has any input then, please advise what I should do.
There is nothing to stop you from arranging that a trusted friend or family member brings you the PR card. You can even have it couriered to you. This assumes that the PR card has been mailed to an address in Canada. I don't think that a third-party can pick it up from an IRCC office.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Zardoz,

You just landed so you just need a normal prtd.

cuteJ

Feb 21, 2018
There is nothing to stop you from arranging that a trusted friend or family member brings you the PR card. You can even have it couriered to you. This assumes that the PR card has been mailed to an address in Canada. I don't think that a third-party can pick it up from an IRCC office.
Thanks for responding Zardoz. I just wanted to make sure if it is okay if a family member brings my pr card while travelling back from Canada. Some say it is illegal. My pr card will be mailed to my cousin's house in Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks for responding Zardoz. I just wanted to make sure if it is okay if a family member brings my pr card while travelling back from Canada. Some say it is illegal. My pr card will be mailed to my cousin's house in Canada.
It is NOT illegal... Might be a good idea to send an authorization letter to the person who is carrying it.