+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD from India

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
Hi all,

Lots of useful information here, anyway I'm in India applying for a PRTD (PR card expired, meeting RO ) , so I filled all forms & proofs of residence but told can only apply Online. So am trying to do that on the PRTD Portal. Am getting an Error message in section 2 , {name, address etc }(successful in saving entries in Section 1) since yesterday : "Your Changes cant be Saved, pl try Later "

Have filled & submitted the Webform in CIC.gc under "Technical Difficulties " just now, let's wait & see how long for a reply from them

Anyway, is anyone else facing the same problem??

hruday02

Jan 10, 2023
Hi all,

Lots of useful information here, anyway I'm in India applying for a PRTD (PR card expired, meeting RO ) , so I filled all forms & proofs of residence but told can only apply Online. So am trying to do that on the PRTD Portal. Am getting an Error message in section 2 , {name, address etc }(successful in saving entries in Section 1) since yesterday : "Your Changes cant be Saved, pl try Later "

Have filled & submitted the Webform in CIC.gc under "Technical Difficulties " just now, let's wait & see how long for a reply from them

Anyway, is anyone else facing the same problem??
Try avoiding special characters in address field..

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
Try avoiding special characters in address field..
Thanks Hruday, your advice was Bang on Target, I made necessary adjustments entering my India address to avoid any special characters & was able to continue smoothly from 1 section to another & Save appropriately & sent my online PRTD application on Jan 24 & promptly received a reply from them Jan 26; now they want me to mail proof of my RO (I think since I’ve just about met the 730 day requirement) & have the necessary documents but don’t know Where to mail them?
So the Webform I filled out previously about the Address section issue i had a doubt about, still haven’t heard back from them ( oh, actually an automatic response after 2 days “we are handling a large volume of requests, will reply soon” ) . Now that problem is Resolved, a webform for this other issue I feel will not result in a response sooner. I’ve actually Replied to the email I got asking for the necessary documentation, but not sure if some human being might read it at IRCC.

The problem is this: as a Pune resident, do I mail the original documents to the Canadian consulate in Mumbai, Bengaluru (done that few years ago thru VFS global) or the Embassy in Delhi? I have a 2 week deadline for the same

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
Thanks Hruday, your advice was Bang on Target, I made necessary adjustments entering my India address to avoid any special characters & was able to continue smoothly from 1 section to another & Save appropriately & sent my online PRTD application on Jan 24 & promptly received a reply from them Jan 26; now they want me to mail proof of my RO (I think since I’ve just about met the 730 day requirement) & have the necessary documents but don’t know Where to mail them?
So the Webform I filled out previously about the Address section issue i had a doubt about, still haven’t heard back from them ( oh, actually an automatic response after 2 days “we are handling a large volume of requests, will reply soon” ) . Now that problem is Resolved, a webform for this other issue I feel will not result in a response sooner. I’ve actually Replied to the email I got asking for the necessary documentation, but not sure if some human being might read it at IRCC.

The problem is this: as a Pune resident, do I mail the original documents to the Canadian consulate in Mumbai, Bengaluru (done that few years ago thru VFS global) or the Embassy in Delhi? I have a 2 week deadline for the same
And I do intend to phone the Mumbai consulate general office first thing tomorrow, Monday morning, let’s see if I am able to talk to a real person & get a firm answer, VFS Global representatives are not too helpful in this regard

hruday02

Jan 10, 2023

Make sure you keep the same Subject while replying

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
Yes, so I tried calling the Mumbai Consulate few minutes ago, not able to speak to a Representative. Will wait a few days for the email reply I guess before mailing my documents; & Yes, replying to IRCC's email I'm sure I didn't change the Subject while replying; the Subject of the original email from them is my UCI #

gaonkar.roshan

Jun 20, 2020
Dear All, I am applying for PRTD of my Son. We have travelled back to India due to Medical emergency back home and we have received Photo request for my SON (6 years old). I am trying to fill in PRTD form in which they are asking SIN, my query is

- Whose SIN we should fill in (considering my Son does not have SIN)

hruday02

Jan 10, 2023
Dear All, I am applying for PRTD of my Son. We have travelled back to India due to Medical emergency back home and we have received Photo request for my SON (6 years old). I am trying to fill in PRTD form in which they are asking SIN, my query is

- Whose SIN we should fill in (considering my Son does not have SIN)
You can leave it blank

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
So I'm following the thread of another post by Cityscape about PRTD thru online application, & respondents talking about their own similar situation where they replied to the email from IRCC simply by scanning all pages of their passport & emailing them back ( not sure whether to the original email or to the email address of their respective Consulate) .
But in my case I'm thinking, it's a request to Physically courier the documents to the nearest Consulate? Not just passport pages, but they've requested for travel history ( Boarding passes I'm sure), bank communications, rent receipts, pay slips etc. Have all these, but some Boarding passes are so faint, not really readable as photocopies. But if email is the ok option , will do so since there isn't the risk of losing the original documents if requested for in future

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
Ok, my update. Obtained PRTD end March, arrived in Canada yesterday. My question is mainly for those tech savvy members in this forum, notably @hruday02 ; are the various platforms, applications linked so seamlessly these days that entering one detail or personal identification number automatically gives out information about another aspect? An example is; recognising my passport # immediately tells the system that a PRTD has been issued to me recently??

As per my own personal experience, I just scanned my passport in the Self Service kiosk (there’s many more kiosks now) upon reaching YVR Immigration. It immediately recognised my name & passport number. Upon entering the declaration info (regarding prohibited items etc) & having my photo taken, the CBSA form printed out with Code 66 appearing prominently on top. So I walk to the top of the line & the agent immediately looks at this number & directs me to the Baggage Claim area & after that to the CBSA officer waiting to collect my declaration form just before the exit. I mean, I did not have to wait to be interviewed by an IRCC official or have my PRTD inspected. So seems like the technology has already performed that scrutiny in my case??

hruday02

Jan 10, 2023
Ok, my update. Obtained PRTD end March, arrived in Canada yesterday. My question is mainly for those tech savvy members in this forum, notably @hruday02 ; are the various platforms, applications linked so seamlessly these days that entering one detail or personal identification number automatically gives out information about another aspect? An example is; recognising my passport # immediately tells the system that a PRTD has been issued to me recently??

As per my own personal experience, I just scanned my passport in the Self Service kiosk (there’s many more kiosks now) upon reaching YVR Immigration. It immediately recognised my name & passport number. Upon entering the declaration info (regarding prohibited items etc) & having my photo taken, the CBSA form printed out with Code 66 appearing prominently on top. So I walk to the top of the line & the agent immediately looks at this number & directs me to the Baggage Claim area & after that to the CBSA officer waiting to collect my declaration form just before the exit. I mean, I did not have to wait to be interviewed by an IRCC official or have my PRTD inspected. So seems like the technology has already performed that scrutiny in my case??
Your UCI number has all the information about yours. Even your passport information. Good Luck

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
Your UCI number has all the information about yours. Even your passport information. Good Luck
So , in my case I placed my passport front page on the scanner & the system recognized all my details; I didn't place my PR card (which is expired) anywhere near the scanner, which is what u assume I did. But the passport scan (not the page w PRTD) was enough, apparently

KalRaTy

Feb 13, 2024
Hi All,
I need your help in getting the information about PRTD timeline. I come to india in September and lost my PRCard and realized just before the date of departure from india. So i have submitted my PRTD on January 25th under urgency as i was travelling with my 8 month baby. But did not received any update yet. I have uploaded all the residency proof and scanned copies of the necessary documents. The only document i have not uploaded properly is my old passport stamped pages. Is this the reasons that the processing is getting delayed.
Need urgent advice and suggestions what can be done in this scenario. Please help.

preetha_benny

Mar 13, 2024
Hi All,
I need your help in getting the information about PRTD timeline. I come to india in September and lost my PRCard and realized just before the date of departure from india. So i have submitted my PRTD on January 25th under urgency as i was travelling with my 8 month baby. But did not received any update yet. I have uploaded all the residency proof and scanned copies of the necessary documents. The only document i have not uploaded properly is my old passport stamped pages. Is this the reasons that the processing is getting delayed.
Need urgent advice and suggestions what can be done in this scenario. Please help.
Hi.. any update on ur case?