+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD from India

Ramya@9

Oct 18, 2017
Hello,

I have a question regarding PRTD. I have applied for PR and got my flag polling done on September 27th, 2017. I didn't receive my PR card yet. I have to go to India on November 21st for my cousin's wedding.
1) Can I apply PRTD from India.
2)How long does it take for the processing
3)What are the requirements to apply for PRTD
4)What all documents do I need to submit

Thank you

Ramya@9

Oct 18, 2017
How do I fill ( PRTD Document ) IMM5524E row 14,15 ? I am living in Canada since 2012 August.

Since 2017- 08, September I am unemployed. Do I have to have a job offer returing to canada?

Is that true my friend cannot carry my PR Card to India due to RFID in the card?

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hello,

I have a question regarding PRTD. I have applied for PR and got my flag polling done on September 27th, 2017. I didn't receive my PR card yet. I have to go to India on November 21st for my cousin's wedding.
1) Can I apply PRTD from India.
2)How long does it take for the processing
3)What are the requirements to apply for PRTD
4)What all documents do I need to submit

Thank you
Hi Ramya,
Did you get answers to your questions? I am in a similar situation as yours.
Landed on 27 th September and planning to fly to India while waiting for a PR Card.
I was thinking of having someone carry my PR Card or simply courier it to India. But I heard mixed reviews about it and one of the reasons I heard is detection PR Card and complications involved.
A friend of mine went to VFS Hyderabad to enquire about his PRTD but did not apply as you are supposed to submit the passport there without any time limit for processing a PRTD document. I am in a similar dilemma.

Will be great to hear your experience!

Ramya@9

Oct 18, 2017
Hi,

If you have all the documentation correct according to the checklist you will get the passport in 10 days. I got mine back in 11 days. I am in India right now and before getting my PRTD I got my PR Card in Canada.

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
Hello Guys,

Will it cause issue to get PRTD after marriage. I have already applied as single for PRTD which is under process and meanwhile I am going to get married, will this have any implications in my case ? Is there any other means/forms/declaration before or after landing that I need to take care of regarding marriage, please advise.

Thanks.