+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prtd for new immigrants.

Nov 23, 2016
hi we recently got our permanent residency last oct 14 2018 via flagpoling in the boarder.Were planning to go back home to the phillipines this december, but to our dismay our pr card photos was rejected. So we need to apply for prtd. Im confuse with these questions in the form since ive been here since 2014 holding a working permit:

Point 14-activities and employment
Should i include the jobs from the first time i landed holding a permit or i will start from the date of our pr to recent?

Point 15- residency obligation-time spent in canada

Should i include my first landing in canada in 2014 while holding a permit or i will start from our pr to recent?

And what kind of proof do i need to prove my residency obligations since we are new immigrants?ie bank accounts/paystub/rental agreement

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in your case it is much easier. Just state the day of landing and when you left for your holiday to Philippines. And that's all it is needed. You are new immigrants so it is obvious that you cannot really fail your RO yet.

Nov 23, 2016
in your case it is much easier. Just state the day of landing and when you left for your holiday to Philippines. And that's all it is needed. You are new immigrants so it is obvious that you cannot really fail your RO yet.
So i will not fill up the section 14(activities and employment) and the section15 (residency obligation)?how can i state our landing date? Do i need to include a letter explaining it?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go just for the period since you became PR - that is what they are interested about. As for the RO - not sure if you need to fill in the dates when you were in, but again only after your landing.
Do not forget to add LOE where you will briefly summarize, that you were on TRV before and that you have landed this year. That is more or less all they need to know. As long as you are not an international criminal, you should not have problem to get it. Just be aware that delays might happen there.

Nov 23, 2016
Go just for the period since you became PR - that is what they are interested about. As for the RO - not sure if you need to fill in the dates when you were in, but again only after your landing.
Do not forget to add LOE where you will briefly summarize, that you were on TRV before and that you have landed this year. That is more or less all they need to know. As long as you are not an international criminal, you should not have problem to get it. Just be aware that delays might happen there.
Loe -letter of explanation?
How about the proofs? What proofs do i need to include?or should i just send them a photocopy of our copr and sin since were new immigrants. Thank you

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok you have landed like 3 months ago. So you do not really need much proof. LOE is letter of explanation. And they do not even need to see your COPR. All they need is your UCI, then they can find out in their system easily.

In your case you do not really need to prove much (or anything) as you cannot be outside of RO. (even if you have stayed in Canada just for 1 day).

Pari17

Nov 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

I also need PRTD to travel back to Canada as I have not received my PR card yet. Plz suggest should i mention the genuine reason of coming back to India. I came back to India after soft landing for my marriage (spent a month there in winnipeg).

Plz answer below questions

Do i need to submit my COPR.

Should i tell them exact date of my marriage or do they need pgoto