+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD for minor

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
My family did softlanding in Oct 2018 and returned to India. Meanwhile myself and my spouse received our PR cards but my son hasn't received. On enquiring, got to know that they had sent photo request on physical mail address which didn't reach somehow. Now we are planning to get PRTD for him as my spouse is looking to travel back to Canada early next month. I have below queries:

1. Would I be required to give a notarized consent letter for PRTD as I would not be traveling with them as of now?
2. Any other documents to be attached except Passport, filled checklist imm5627e, imm5524, photos?
3. Should I write anything in humanitarian and compassionate ground box?

Thanks in advance

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
  1. Not a bad idea to include it. Avoids a possible request during processing.
  2. Should be good.
  3. Not necessary. Still well within residency obligation.

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
  1. Not a bad idea to include it. Avoids a possible request during processing.
  2. Should be good.
  3. Not necessary. Still well within residency obligation.
Thanks for your response.. Can you suggest suitable format for the consent letter or if there is a specific form required to be filled?

Banami_Canada

Aug 16, 2017
Hi Ankie,

Wish you all the best to get PRTD.

I am in the similar situation. After completing the soft landing on the next day we returned to US and after that my daughter's PR card application was cancelled due to photo not meeting the standards. My 3 year old daughter is currently in India with my spouse and they need to re-enter Canada. I am in process of applying PRTD, kindly share me your experience and process to be followed to apply PRTD from India.

Kindly help me how to fill the below filed in Application For A Permanent Resident Travel Document Form (IMM 5524)
Part 1, Item No: 14 (Your Activities and Employment) -> As my daughter is minor can i leave this field blank?
Part 2 - Residency Obligation, Item No:15 (Time Spend in Canada) -> We spend only a day in Canada during soft landing and returned on next day. Will this be an issue?
Under Signature box do i need to place the thumbprint for minor child and signature of parent?

Thanks in Advance.