+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD declined

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello guys ,i have a big problem .I am
a permeant resident of canada on 4th December,2018 then i went to USA after 125 days with my wife on TD as her dependent and then we have some personal issue and and conflict so she kept hold my PR card and sent me india again with out my PR card and my all SIN number or personal documents.and i do not have any documents of PRTD application want from me to re-enter into canada.What is the solution?What can i do now?
Others can comment/correct me but if you have a passport and a valid US visa ? If so then fly back to the US and enter through the US/Canada land border, CBSa will be able to determine you are a PR. This assumes that you cannot supply any of the documentation to apply for a PRTD which given you only landed 12/2018 you are still well within the residency requirement.

Aug 15, 2019
May be i cannot fly back to USA as i have TD visa. Its a TN visa holder's dependent.and its under NAFTA treaty.so i i ha to fly canada and then i enter USA.
That's what i know now

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
May be i cannot fly back to USA as i have TD visa. Its a TN visa holder's dependent.and its under NAFTA treaty.so i i ha to fly canada and then i enter USA.
That's what i know now
As said above, you can apply for a PRTD if you want to fly to Canada directly.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But in PRTD documents i need some SIN number and my wife's details as a citizen of canada and also proof of my PR.i don't have anything with me
You don’t need your wife’s details. Did you obtain a SIN once you landed? Did you both live in Canada? To get PR you had to show intent to return to Canada if you were working in the US. Your wife can’t send you to India you are your own person. Have you attempted to fill out a PRTD or obtain your SIN number?

Aug 15, 2019
Till i am not apply for PRTD as my wife is citizen of canada.yes i am my own but she told me to go for sometime due to personal conflict and she don't give my SIN and my PR card and my health card too.Now she don't wanna Come and give my details.I am on TD visa on that basis i can not work in USA.we live together in canada for 3 months.and tgen i live alone one more month because i am waiting for my PR card and my visa of USA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Till i am not apply for PRTD as my wife is citizen of canada.yes i am my own but she told me to go for sometime due to personal conflict and she don't give my SIN and my PR card and my health card too.Now she don't wanna Come and give my details.I am on TD visa on that basis i can not work in USA.we live together in canada for 3 months.and tgen i live alone one more month because i am waiting for my PR card and my visa of USA.
You didn’t meet the residency obligations for keep or use Canadian health coverage so you will need to reapply and get a new card plus start any waiting period again.

Aug 15, 2019
Why i Don't meet residency obligation?
I have all the documents when i am in canada and then US.
Now i am in india and i don't have any of them because my wife has my documents and she don't want to give me back so i can not back to the canada and not any responsibility for her.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why i Don't meet residency obligation?
I have all the documents when i am in canada and then US.
Now i am in india and i don't have any of them because my wife has my documents and she don't want to give me back so i can not back to the canada and not any responsibility for her.
Every province has residency requirements to receive healthcare even if you have a valid card. The residency requirement is just for healthcare. For almost all you must remain in Canada for over 6 months a year. Some will only let you leave for one month out of the first 6 months.

Aug 15, 2019
I am leaving Canada after 4 months.Then I lived in USA for 4 months andagainback to India.i need to go back to canada.
I need to clarify something that i wish to meet again my wife and then i need to solve the ongoing conflict but she don't give any of my personal documents. So what can i do to fly back to canada.
For PRTD i need my documents copy which I don't have.
Any other options to get back my card?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I am leaving Canada after 4 months.Then I lived in USA for 4 months andagainback to India.i need to go back to canada.
I need to clarify something that i wish to meet again my wife and then i need to solve the ongoing conflict but she don't give any of my personal documents. So what can i do to fly back to canada.
Unfortunately your options are very limited if you have absolutely no documentation that show that you are a Canadian PR. One option would be to work with a Canadian lawyer to try and get your wife to give you the documents or get IRCC to recognize your PR status, but this can be very costly and it may be very hard for you to do this from India.

The most realistic/practical option is to try and work things out with your wife. If she has broken off all communication and you are stuck in India.. then talking to a Canadian lawyer is probably the only option left.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be able ro get a PRTD through the embassy. As previously said you never qualified for helathcare. You also will need to reaaply when tou get to Ontario and only use your healthcare if you plan on remaining in Canada for 6+ months. You were supposed to inform OHIP when you left Canada for the US. it sounda like things are over with your wife. It is probably beat if you move on at this point.

Aug 15, 2019
Yes i do have my health card number but not a photocopies of it. You are right that my wife smartly send me India with trust and not no any further communication...so you are right that things are over with my wife.