+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
I landed in canada on Nov 5th with my family and returned back after 15 days after finishing the paperwork for SIN number and bank account. I have recieved the PR cards for my family but i got a photo resubmission request for myself in Jan, i hava since then submitted my photos however based what i am reading in forums, the processing is taking around 3-4 months. I am now planning to move to canada in next few months and want to apply for PRTD.

I wanted some help to make sure i am able to complete my application without any mistakes. I was filling the form imm5444e and while filling i came across some question where i am not clear what details to provide. Would really appreciate help from someone who have filled this form earlier for the below questions -

4.1 Address History (Inside and Outside Canada)

I stayed in a Hotel in canada for the 15 days i was there, should i put that address for the address history since i became PR.

4.2 Work and Educational History (Inside and Outside Canada)

What should i put here, i did not do any work / education in canada?
For history outside - Once i came back i am still working in my previous job which i will be resigning from before moving.

5.5 Time Spent Outside Canada

My reason of absence falls under "others", what should i put in this section "If “Other” Please add reason"

6 - DETAILS CONCERNING A LOST, STOLEN, DAMAGED OR NEVER RECEIVED PR CARD

What should i put in this section, as i have not recieved my first PR card? If i say Never recieved, will it impact my current PR card application which is still under review as section 6.6 says that i should destroy my original PR card once i regain possession?

If i select Never Received do i need to fill Solemn declaration?

Residency obligation - Since i became PR less than 3 months ago, what document should i attach to show that i will be able to meet RO

Thanks in advance for taking time out and replying on my queries.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I landed in canada on Nov 5th with my family and returned back after 15 days after finishing the paperwork for SIN number and bank account. I have recieved the PR cards for my family but i got a photo resubmission request for myself in Jan, i hava since then submitted my photos however based what i am reading in forums, the processing is taking around 3-4 months. I am now planning to move to canada in next few months and want to apply for PRTD.

I wanted some help to make sure i am able to complete my application without any mistakes. I was filling the form imm5444e and while filling i came across some question where i am not clear what details to provide. Would really appreciate help from someone who have filled this form earlier for the below questions -

I stayed in a Hotel in canada for the 15 days i was there, should i put that address for the address history since i became PR.

For history outside - Once i came back i am still working in my previous job which i will be resigning from before moving.

My reason of absence falls under "others", what should i put in this section "If “Other” Please add reason"

What should i put in this section, as i have not recieved my first PR card? If i say Never recieved, will it impact my current PR card application which is still under review as section 6.6 says that i should destroy my original PR card once i regain possession?

Residency obligation - Since i became PR less than 3 months ago, what document should i attach to show that i will be able to meet RO

Answer the questions honestly. There is no need to include proof that you meet your RO. If it makes you more comfortable you can include a brief statement that you landed in November 2022 and have 5 years to complete the 730 days in Canada so you are currently compliant with your RO.

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
Thanks, just one more query, there is a question asking have been issued a travel document earlier, just want to check if the visa recieved on passport along with copr counted as one and should i mention it

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019

Hii
Im in similar situation.
What did you write for 4.1 and 4.2?

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
Hii
Im in similar situation.
What did you write for 4.1 and 4.2?
For 4.1 i gave hotel addresses in canada and my residence address outside canada
For 4.2 landing formalities/ sin number etc for activities inside canada. For outside canada, since i am working, i mentioned employment

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
For 4.1 i gave hotel addresses in canada and my residence address outside canada
For 4.2 landing formalities/ sin number etc for activities inside canada. For outside canada, since i am working, i mentioned employment
great thanks
one more question, did you apply online using the PR portal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for PRTD for over 3 months now and all it’s showing is Submitted for 3 months please can you advise on this. Thanks
You need to contact visa office in Nigeria. You can also contact your local MP in Canada about what is taking so long.

Niral Patel

Dec 28, 2019
Category........
PNP

Niral Patel

Dec 28, 2019
Category........
PNP
You applied as urgent or no urgent
And you got PPR in one week
Applied on 13-Feb -2023
And got PPR on 19- Feb-2023