+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD application return because of wrong application

LUUU

Jan 8, 2023
I have submitted PRTD application through PR-portal in Dec 2022, and the application was returned with the reason"wrong application".
I re-submitted it, still the same.
I applied from China
Anyone know why?
I just so confused because it didn't give any detailed reasons.
Any way I can get help from IRCC?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have submitted PRTD application through PR-portal in Dec 2022, and the application was returned with the reason"wrong application".
I applied from China
Anyone know why?
Do you meet your RO? Just clarifying that you don’t have a valid PR card and are applying for a PRTD to return to Canada.

LUUU

Jan 8, 2023
The date of me becoming PR is JUNE19, 2020, less than 3yrs.
So I think RO was not the problem.
Normally, should they give us more info if they return our application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What happened to your PR card? Do you apply for a normal PRTD not based on H&C?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It soudns like the problem is somethign with either the form or type of app or how you submitted it that is the problem. Best to triple check how you are submitting as it seems that's the problem.

Possibly you left out critical information or required documents or attachments.

LUUU

Jan 8, 2023
I applied from China
Anyone know why?

Guys, here is more info about my situation:
I recieved CoPR letter in June2020. I was stuck in China then due to Covid-19, so I did not return to Canada to apply PR card until now.

So, I might have to confirm:
whether I am officially PR or not.
If yes, am I eligible for applying PRTD? if no, what type of application should I submit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have never applied PR card.
I recieved COPR when I was in China during covid-19, so I didn't retrun to Canada to apply my PR card.
So you didn’t “land“ and become PR, so you are not eligible for a PRTD. PRTD’s are for PRs and you are not PR.

Your COPR expired. Didn’t you notify IRCC that it was expiring and ask for an extension? What extension were you given? Covid restrictions lifted a long time ago so there was no reason not to land. Believe you will need to reapply for PR.

Important: As of November 1, 2021, you can no longer get your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) extended. If your COPR has expired, you will need to apply for permanent residence again, pay the required fees, and meet the current requirements for selection. The information provided in the below sections no longer applies.​