+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Ankara processing timeline

Arya82

Jul 8, 2022
I applied for a regular PRTD (residency obligation met)at VFS Istanbul on March 17th. After almost 17 weeks in and so many unanswered emails, i feel desperate that my application might be lost along with my passport. It's ridiculous how they just ignore your emails.
Is there anyone here with the same situation? Do you have any clues how we can get an update?
Any suggestion is welcomed.
Many thanks in advance

Arya82

Jul 8, 2022
Tell the MPs office that you are stranded overseas and need to return to Canada.
I did. I even sent them a Letter of Explanation plus supporting documents that i need to return and they said they would forward it to the Embassy through their contact in IRCC but it's up to the Embassy whether to react or not

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I did. I even sent them a Letter of Explanation plus supporting documents that i need to return and they said they would forward it to the Embassy through their contact in IRCC but it's up to the Embassy whether to react or not
Squeaky wheel. Keep asking them. Same with Embassy.

penguen987

Jul 13, 2021
Do you guys know anyone who recently got their PRTD? Any idea of the processing time?
Any reply from embassy? I am planning to apply prtd from Ankara VO as well.. but your experience with them is horrible I am scared to apply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any reply from embassy? I am planning to apply prtd from Ankara VO as well.. but your experience with them is horrible I am scared to apply.
PRTD is really meant to be a last resort not a common practice because you don’’t relocate to Canada right away or don’t want to courier your PR cards. Many are applying because they do a soft landing then leave right away. You should have a friend courier your PR card to you in Turkey. That is likely a faster option.

penguen987

Jul 13, 2021
PRTD is really meant to be a last resort not a common practice because you don’’t relocate to Canada right away or don’t want to courier your PR cards. Many are applying because they do a soft landing then leave right away. You should have a friend courier your PR card to you in Turkey. That is likely a faster option.
thanks for your reply. Actually we did soft landing and gave our friends address for our pr card application on July 2nd. We were able to link the application in our ircc account as well. However, after 55 days passed, we can not find our application in client application status tool. Is it normal to not be able to find our applications in the status tool after all this time? I am about to quit my job to move Canada but not having pr card or travel document is blocking me to make any plans here. Is processing times accurate as they shown on their website? Any answer will be apricated! Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for your reply. Actually we did soft landing and gave our friends address for our pr card application on July 2nd. We were able to link the application in our ircc account as well. However, after 55 days passed, we can not find our application in client application status tool. Is it normal to not be able to find our applications in the status tool after all this time? I am about to quit my job to move Canada but not having pr card or travel document is blocking me to make any plans here. Is processing times accurate as they shown on their website? Any answer will be apricated! Thanks in advance!
Would look to see other cases and current processing times. There may have been an issue with your cards from problems with the pictures, to not sending the card to a friend’s address if you are not in Canada. Processing times on the website are just estimates and are often not very accurate.