+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD and COPR Validity outside of Canada

Jkim284

Apr 17, 2021
Hello,
I recently got the COPR a month ago and after couriered the photo with COPR hardcopy, I’ve been waiting for my first pr card.
However, I have to go back to my home country for family emergency (still waiting for first pr card), and I have two questions.
1. Can I eligible to apply for PRTD in my country? I have already checked the eligibility in the website, but I just wonder if I’m not treated as a permanent resident if I’m outside of Canada. In other words, COPR becomes revoked and invalid once I go abroad. (Bcoz of bold/underlined sentence below)
2. Also, even though I’m able to back to Canada with PRTD, still worry if my first PR card process will be in delay or revoked. Because according to COPR, If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC- ETOBICOKE-LANDINGS@CIC.GC.CA.

Please help and thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I recently got the COPR a month ago and after couriered the photo with COPR hardcopy, I’ve been waiting for my first pr card.
However, I have to go back to my home country for family emergency (still waiting for first pr card), and I have two questions.
1. Can I eligible to apply for PRTD in my country? I have already checked the eligibility in the website, but I just wonder if I’m not treated as a permanent resident if I’m outside of Canada. In other words, COPR becomes revoked and invalid once I go abroad. (Bcoz of bold/underlined sentence below)
2. Also, even though I’m able to back to Canada with PRTD, still worry if my first PR card process will be in delay or revoked. Because according to COPR, If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC- ETOBICOKE-LANDINGS@CIC.GC.CA.

Please help and thank you in advance.
1. Yes, you can apply for a PRTD from outside of Canada. You are treated as a permanent resident because you have already landed and become a PR. Your COPR cannot be used to travel after you have become a PR.
2. This only applies to people who have not landed yet and become a PR. You have already landed and become a PR.

Reactions: Jkim284