+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD ABUDHABI

Imishe0

Sep 2, 2022
Hi
Has anyone applied PRTD from Dubai/Abudhabi??need to know the estimated time. Ineed to travle on urgent basis but my passport has been submitted with the application. Has anykne with similar case? What if I request them to give my paaaport until the application being processed?
I am clueless and worried

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Has anyone applied PRTD from Dubai/Abudhabi??need to know the estimated time. Ineed to travle on urgent basis but my passport has been submitted with the application. Has anykne with similar case? What if I request them to give my paaaport until the application being processed?
Do you meet your residency obligation? When did you land in Canada as a PR?

Imishe0

Sep 2, 2022
Do you meet your residency obligation? When did you land in Canada as a PR?
I landed in 2016 and no I Havent meet my obligation only some days were left I had to travel and it got expired..
Do you have any infromation regarding this?

jackmiller

Dec 30, 2020
Hi
where did you apply from? Pakistan VFS Office? and when did you apply? I am in same situation as you and want to apply for PRTD.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I landed in 2016 and no I Havent meet my obligation only some days were left I had to travel and it got expired..
Do you have any infromation regarding this?
There is no timeframe when it comes to processing PRTD based on H&C. It will come down to the reason you couldn’t meet your RO, the proof that you provided proving your H&C reasons, the amount of time you spent in Canada after getting PR, your level of establishment in Canada, etc.

You can ask for your passport to be returned while PRTD is being processed if you need to travel somewhere other than Canada. You didn’t need to submit your passport with the PRTD application.

Reactions: Imishe0

Imishe0

Sep 2, 2022
There is no timeframe when it comes to processing PRTD based on H&C. It will come down to the reason you couldn’t meet your RO, the proof that you provided proving your H&C reasons, the amount of time you spent in Canada after getting PR, your level of establishment in Canada, etc.

You can ask for your passport to be returned while PRTD is being processed if you need to travel somewhere other than Canada. You didn’t need to submit your passport with the PRTD application.
Thanks I will contact VFS for extracting passport.

Also is it okay to renew passport as my passport is going to expire soon?