+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRRA

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, pls I have an interview for PRRA coming up soon. Pls any clue of what the interview entails…. What to expect. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have one coming up soon, I have no Idea what I am expecting.. can you help me plz
Do you have a lawyer? If so I would encourage you to get a lawyer. You have to show that your home country is too risky for anyone to be repatriated. There are very few countries that usually qualify and approval rate is maximum 5% Some examples would be Yemen, Eritrea, etc.

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
Hi, I received a removal order interview letter yesterday. The letter says I am to present myself at the office on November 7, 2022.

A little background information on me is I applied for refugee status when I first arrived in Canada back in Sept 2021. I, later on, married my wife who is Canadian in March of 2022 and had a Spousal Sponsorship application submitted by July of 2022 (My spousal application is still in the process, and I just received my work permit in the mail). In August of 2022, I received my first interview for the refugee claim and was found ineligible.

I am now in a position where I am not sure what to do. On one hand, I just got my work permit through my spousal sponsorship; but a removal order on the other hand, and an opportunity to apply for PRRA. I am seeking some information and support to understand what my next steps should be. I am from Yemen & I kno2 I won't be accepted because I claimed refugee in the US.
Do I need to do anything?

Reactions: Gill$&@

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I received a removal order interview letter yesterday. The letter says I am to present myself at the office on November 7, 2022.

A little background information on me is I applied for refugee status when I first arrived in Canada back in Sept 2021. I, later on, married my wife who is Canadian in March of 2022 and had a Spousal Sponsorship application submitted by July of 2022 (My spousal application is still in the process, and I just received my work permit in the mail). In August of 2022, I received my first interview for the refugee claim and was found ineligible.

I am now in a position where I am not sure what to do. On one hand, I just got my work permit through my spousal sponsorship; but a removal order on the other hand, and an opportunity to apply for PRRA. I am seeking some information and support to understand what my next steps should be. I am from Yemen & I kno2 I won't be accepted because I claimed refugee in the US.
Do I need to do anything?
You should get a lawyer. They can likely get your removal order put on hold while your sponsorship is processed. Are you sure that you’re entitled to the OWP now that you’re in Canada without status? Normally you should only qualify for an OWP if you have received AIP if you are in Canada without status. Do you know whether you’ve passed background checks for your sponsorship application?

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
You should get a lawyer. They can likely get your removal order put on hold while your sponsorship is processed. Are you sure that you’re entitled to the OWP now that you’re in Canada without status? Normally you should only qualify for an OWP if you have received AIP if you are in Canada without status. Do you know whether you’ve passed background checks for your sponsorship application?
This is exactly what confused me. I got the open work permit and PRRA interview letter on the same day. I didn't receive AIP yet. From my understanding that I have the right to apply for a work permit if I was waiting for the PRRA.

Would you highly recommend getting a lawyer? Keep in mind that it would cost me almost two grand to hire a lawyer. Would it be better to have a lawyer come with me to the interview?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is exactly what confused me. I got the open work permit and PRRA interview letter on the same day. I didn't receive AIP yet. From my understanding that I have the right to apply for a work permit if I was waiting for the PRRA.

Would you highly recommend getting a lawyer? Keep in mind that it would cost me almost two grand to hire a lawyer. Would it be better to have a lawyer come with me to the interview?
Seems as though there has been an error and the person processing your OWP included with your sponsorship application has not realized that you lost status. It is always up to you whether to hire a lawyer. Always better but it does come at a cost. You can wait and see what happens at the meeting and then decide whether you want to pursue legal help.