+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRRA decision letter

hopelessfool

Dec 8, 2023
Can anyone advice on what to expect as i just got an email from a CBSA officer for a call in asking me to come to immigration meeting as a result has been made?

hopelessfool

Dec 8, 2023
Yea i applied for refugee but case got abandoned as i didnt get their letters twice and hence i had to apply for PRRA

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yea i applied for refugee but case got abandoned as i didnt get their letters twice and hence i had to apply for PRRA
That is Not a good news at ALL. Unless you put forward strong argument to be approved PPRA

When can the RPD declare that my claim has been abandoned?
The RPD may declare that your claim has been abandoned if you:

• do not provide a completed BOC Form on time;
  • do not provide your current and correct contact information;
  • do not go to your refugee protection claim hearing; or
  • do not go to your special hearing on the abandonment of your claim, if you are required to do so.
If your claim is declared abandoned, it will not be heard. This also means that you will not be allowed to make another refugee protection claim in the future and you will most likely be required to leave Canada.

hopelessfool

Dec 8, 2023
That is Not a good news at ALL. Unless you put forward strong argument to be approved PPRA

When can the RPD declare that my claim has been abandoned?
The RPD may declare that your claim has been abandoned if you:

• do not provide a completed BOC Form on time;
  • do not provide your current and correct contact information;
  • do not go to your refugee protection claim hearing; or
  • do not go to your special hearing on the abandonment of your claim, if you are required to do so.
If your claim is declared abandoned, it will not be heard. This also means that you will not be allowed to make another refugee protection claim in the future and you will most likely be required to leave Canada.
The thing is that they only communicated via mail and i did not get those mail letters until it was too late. I tried to reason with ircc/rpd but they said the claim cant be reopened.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
The thing is that they only communicated via mail and i did not get those mail letters until it was too late. I tried to reason with ircc/rpd but they said the claim cant be reopened.
When did you apply initially? and did you change your address?

hopelessfool

Dec 8, 2023
I initially applied in Jan 2021 and got to know about the abondonment in june 2022 and so i applied for it again. I got the acknowledgement letter and everything but then in May 2023 they said that a decision already exists and i cannot reopen my case. So i applied for Prra in May.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I initially applied in Jan 2021 and got to know about the abondonment in june 2022 and so i applied for it again. I got the acknowledgement letter and everything but then in May 2023 they said that a decision already exists and i cannot reopen my case. So i applied for Prra in May.
You did changed the address? I guess you didnt have a lawyer, otherwise lawyer would reach out to you after scheduling hearing

hopelessfool

Dec 8, 2023
You did changed the address? I guess you didnt have a lawyer, otherwise lawyer would reach out to you after scheduling hearing
Correct. I did not have a lawyer as i applied through a immigration consultation group who didnt even know that one cannot apply a new refugee claim. So they kind of ****ed my chances.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can anyone advice on what to expect as i just got an email from a CBSA officer for a call in asking me to come to immigration meeting as a result has been made?
As I’m sure you are aware the success rate for PPRA applications are pretty low. Are you from a country where there have been successful cases for asylum? What was the reason for your asylum claim? No need for specifics just general reason.

hopelessfool

Dec 8, 2023
Yes there have been many successful cases from my country. And i know the success rate for PRRA is very low but the thing is i never got a fair hearing or anything of the sort as my case was abondoned.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes there have been many successful cases from my country. And i know the success rate for PRRA is very low but the thing is i never got a fair hearing or anything of the sort as my case was abondoned.
The fact that you didn’t get a hearing is not due to IRCC so will not be a factor. If people from your home country have been able to get approved for PPRA then your chances are better than average but chances are still not great. Unfortunately all you can do at this point is wait and see what happens when you go and meet with CBSA. Good luck.