+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRRA APPROVAL

DanieliNery

May 4, 2022
Hey guys!

Is there anyone who had the PRRA and it was approved in the las few months?

Another question, is there anyone who had claimed in the US and it’s facing the PRRA now?

And, since I have a family member here in Canada (my fiancé) how it would be “easier” to be approved on the PRRA? Since if I go back to my home country (which isn’t even an option for me) she would go with me, of course, and since she had been in Brazil she is also scared of going back?

Hope someone can help me cause I’m freaking out without answers about how my situation would be, I cannot go back to my country at all. Even on the Canada oficial website they talk about Brazil as high risk.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hey guys!

Another question, is there anyone who had claimed in the US and it’s facing the PRRA now?

And, since I have a family member here in Canada (my fiancé) how it would be “easier” to be approved on the PRRA? Since if I go back to my home country (which isn’t even an option for me) she would go with me, of course, and since she had been in Brazil she is also scared of going back?

Hope someone can help me cause I’m freaking out without answers about how my situation would be, I cannot go back to my country at all. Even on the Canada oficial website they talk about Brazil as high risk.
If you aren’t actually married, they aren’t a family member unless you were common law.

Reactions: DanieliNery

DanieliNery

May 4, 2022
Actually we are gonna get into the “common law partner status” in less then 2 months and we have more than 1 year in a relationship. I believe that I will not have my PRRA interview until July (when we are gonna complete 1 year leaving together), do you think that’s still acceptable that I’m here with a family member?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hey guys!

Hi - A Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) uses the same standards and considerations as a claim to Convention refugee status. Persecution, or personal risk under specific sets of circumstances, and you can look it up here: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/page-12.html#docCont

Having a relationship or being ill (indeed illness is excluded from consideration) doesn't enter into the considerations at all. I am sorry that you're unwell, but the risk asserted "cannot be caused by the inability of that country to provide adequate health or medical care" - it's in the text on the link that I placed above.

Maybe you have a case that conforms to the other items in IRPA 96 & 97 and maybe you have evidence to substantiate that - you'll need it. If you say to a Removals Officer that you cannot return to your country - you will very likely be arrested, detained and forced to leave.

If you have a positive PRRA decision - you get to stay in Canada. If you have a negative decision, you will be required to leave Canada absent any Federal Court of Canada order to temporarily Stay the removal.

Good luck, but don't entertain the idea that by saying that you cannot leave carries any weight whatsoever other than to provide the CBSA with grounds for your arrest as unlikely to appear for your removal.

Reactions: DanieliNery

DanieliNery

May 4, 2022
Thank you so much for your answer!

I just mentioned the fact that I had to go back to my home country (which was after being diagnosed with cancer) because it was my reason to leave the US, not that I’m gonna use it as an argument for the reasons I cannot go back to Brazil.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your answer!

I just mentioned the fact that I had to go back to my home country (which was after being diagnosed with cancer) because it was my reason to leave the US, not that I’m gonna use it as an argument for the reasons I cannot go back to Brazil.
Getting PPRA from Brazil would be very abnormal.

Reactions: Simba112