+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prra after 2 years of wating

Samkhs

Jan 10, 2019
Hi

I am from afghanistan, my refugee claimant was denied even in federal court, I have been here in Canada since 2016, I applied for prra around feb 2019
Lately used privacy of act to get more info from ircc but been told no information available, did the same with cbsa but they keep delying and told me in email no time frame to respond after 4 months of waiting, and suddenly my lawyer get a call from ircc stating that they not processing prra for people from afghanistan , that was in March and in May I got letter to go cbsa, I went there and they handed me another prra to apply, told agent I have already applied and if they lost my files, he asked to re apply as he doesn't know, lawyer emailed ircc but no response, had to re apply and going soon with H&C , any idea why ircc not processing for people from afghanistan? And why they asked me to re apply prra?
appreciate your input

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I am from afghanistan, my refugee claimant was denied even in federal court, I have been here in Canada since 2016, I applied for prra around feb 2019
Lately used privacy of act to get more info from ircc but been told no information available, did the same with cbsa but they keep delying and told me in email no time frame to respond after 4 months of waiting, and suddenly my lawyer get a call from ircc stating that they not processing prra for people from afghanistan , that was in March and in May I got letter to go cbsa, I went there and they handed me another prra to apply, told agent I have already applied and if they lost my files, he asked to re apply as he doesn't know, lawyer emailed ircc but no response, had to re apply and going soon with H&C , any idea why ircc not processing for people from afghanistan? And why they asked me to re apply prra?
appreciate your input
Maybe it has something to do with the below? What does your lawyer say about this? (Your lawyer should have an answer if they are a half decent lawyer.)

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/rem-ren-eng.html

• Temporary suspension of removals (TSR) – The TSR program interrupts removals to a country or place when general conditions pose a risk to the entire civilian population. Examples include armed conflict within a country or place or an environmental disaster resulting in a substantial temporary disruption of living conditions. An individual who is not allowed into Canada on grounds of criminality, international or human rights violations, organized crime, or security can still be removed despite the TSR. Canada currently has a TSR in place for Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Iraq. The primary difference between the TSR and the ADR are that an ADR is generally put in place within a short period of time to immediately respond to a change in country conditions.

Samkhs

Jan 10, 2019
Maybe it has something to do with the below? What does your lawyer say about this? (Your lawyer should have an answer if they are a half decent lawyer.)

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/rem-ren-eng.html

• Temporary suspension of removals (TSR) – The TSR program interrupts removals to a country or place when general conditions pose a risk to the entire civilian population. Examples include armed conflict within a country or place or an environmental disaster resulting in a substantial temporary disruption of living conditions. An individual who is not allowed into Canada on grounds of criminality, international or human rights violations, organized crime, or security can still be removed despite the TSR. Canada currently has a TSR in place for Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Iraq. The primary difference between the TSR and the ADR are that an ADR is generally put in place within a short period of time to immediately respond to a change in country conditions.
Thanks for input , I called ircc today and they told me it says canceled in the system, I don't have any criminal issues or human rights violation, I thought they at least tell me that prra was negative and TSR kicks in, lawyer said that ircc told him that they not processing for Afghanistan which doesn't make sense

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thanks for input , I called ircc today and they told me it says canceled in the system, I don't have any criminal issues or human rights violation, I thought they at least tell me that prra was negative and TSR kicks in, lawyer said that ircc told him that they not processing for Afghanistan which doesn't make sense
Wow I’m surprise you the first Afghan I saw didn’t accept the refugee status I seen all my friends got approval
I know few afghan family their PRRA been accept few days ago!

Samkhs

Jan 10, 2019
Wow I’m surprise you the first Afghan I saw didn’t accept the refugee status I seen all my friends got approval
I know few afghan family their PRRA been accept few days ago!
I'm surprised too , but I have seen few other people that got accepted after 5 years with H&C and one lady after 8 years

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
I'm surprised too , but I have seen few other people that got accepted after 5 years with H&C and one lady after 8 years
Good thing their not deporting you Afghanistan is the worst country in world

If you don’t mind why they refuse your application
I see family are coming from Tajikistan India and Russia Canada still accept refugee from Afghan

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
H&c is better
Choice for you
I know about Afghanistan a lot which is h&c 100% good choice for you if you put a hardship factor discrimination and risk HC is for people from that third world country
If you don’t mind can you tell me a little bit information so I can help you more about h&c is a good choice or not
Do you have a kids here or do you have a family back home are you working how long you’ve been in Canada and why they refuse your refugee application

Reactions: Samkhs

Samkhs

Jan 10, 2019
Good thing their not deporting you Afghanistan is the worst country in world

If you don’t mind why they refuse your application
I see family are coming from Tajikistan India and Russia Canada still accept refugee from Afghan
Oh they did want me to do that , they ask me to come airport and were pushing me to sign and agree to go to Afghanistan, I informed them they have temporarily suspension on Afghanistan and officer was acting as didn't know that, long story short not clear why they rejected me as I provided all documents and everything clear , but got to respect the law

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Oh they did want me to do that , they ask me to come airport and were pushing me to sign and agree to go to Afghanistan, I informed them they have temporarily suspension on Afghanistan and officer was acting as didn't know that, long story short not clear why they rejected me as I provided all documents and everything clear , but got to respect the law
The only two reason I’m thinking your case is deny
1 inadmissible or identity issues

Otherwise it’s hard to say Afghanistan immigrants get refuse

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
That cbsa officer is doing his/her job They’ve been hire send people back home that’s their job is The only two reason I’m thinking your case is deny
so to them you are just a number
Who’s exhaust all your options now they’re planning to send you but if I was in your place I will try to apply for h&C as soon as you can before something happens
Send you back to Afghanistan

Samkhs

Jan 10, 2019
That cbsa officer is doing his/her job They’ve been hire send people back home that’s their job is The only two reason I’m thinking your case is deny
Who’s exhaust all your options now they’re planning to send you but if I was in your place I will try to apply for h&C as soon as you can before something happens
Thanks for your input
Thnx for input , will write you in dm