Dec 14, 2010
Thank you for your response

In our custom there are four steps of Marriage

First Nikah the religious ceremony

then henna ceremony

the reception from the bride

The reception from the groom

The Canadian law requires the bride and groom to be present on all the four

we have renewed Nikah that is the vows of Marriage by both being present at one place now
Will this help?
Being present at Nikkah is the only requirement. Who told you the law about henna and rest?

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Hi there
I am new in this forum. I cannot see the option for a new post. I have a question. Our sons marriage has been declared as a proxy marriage although we went for the reception and did all the three ceremonies with the bride, her family plus our relatives and friends and stayed there for a month.
Even then his wife has been denied the visa.
Now again he went there and did Nikah ah registration for the purpose of being together at the Nikah and to fulfill the requirement of Canadian spousal sponsorship law.
Do you think this will be accepted? Will it work?

Please reply.

Has any ones proxy marriage after further steps taken to correct it finally ever accepted ?
I see your first post now and yes if you have done nikkah now with both being present then yes apply again.

TMasood

May 2, 2018
yes. but there should be some solution, That is what we are looking for. We made a mistake. We considered wedding ceremony as marriage. To us we have fulfilled the requirements of the Canadian law, But we were wrong.

Looking for a solution.

TMasood

May 2, 2018
We have all the pictures papers, Whats App conversation. Now we do have her Id's by her husbands name. ID car passport marriage certificate certified by the court etc

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
We have all the pictures papers, Whats App conversation. Now we do have her Id's by her husbands name. ID car passport marriage certificate certified by the court etc
The most important is being present at Nikkah and having registered Nikkah Nama. Everything else will also help.

When you reapply, make sure you explain what happened before and how the other ceremonies were already done. However I'm not 100% sure if they will accept it as full marriage or nikkah only because for CIC the first time the nikkah did not happen and the rukhsati follows Nikkah not the other way.

Reactions: scylla

TMasood

May 2, 2018
The most important is being present at Nikkah and having registered Nikkah Nama. Everything else will also help.

When you reapply, make sure you explain what happened before and how the other ceremonies were already done. However I'm not 100% sure if they will accept it as full marriage or nikkah only because for CIC the first time the nikkah did not happen and the rukhsati follows Nikkah not the other way.
You are right, But there must be some solution to it?

Waqii

Apr 25, 2014
You are right, But there must be some solution to it?

Hello same thing happen with me. My application is in appeal stage. If my appeal get refuse also. Can i go back and redo the Nikah and then apply again? Also for the application do i need to explain that i redo the Nikah in order to get qualified for Canadian law about proxy marriages??my wife is also pregnant now and we are expecting our first baby. Would that help?