+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proxy Marriage '(Important)

moon light 77

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Can I ask if any one knows if any one has married what is called in Canada( Proxy Marriage) as one of the couples couldn't be physically present due to COVID, has the right to enter Canada and which type of Visa should apply for it?? Can any one know?? Please help

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Can I ask if any one knows if any one has married what is called in Canada( Proxy Marriage) as one of the couples couldn't be physically present due to COVID, has the right to enter Canada and which type of Visa should apply for it?? Can any one know?? Please help
Proxy marriages are not recognized in Canada for immigration purposes.

Reactions: mashulia_26

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be aware that tourists can’t enter Canada at the moment due to travel restrictions. With a TRV you would not qualify to enter Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I know it is not considered in Canada
my question is not that
It is about If she has the right to apply for Visa to enter canada to correct it
One very important factor is your status in Canada. It matters a great deal whether you are in Canada on a temporary visa or whether you have PR / Canadian citizenship.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Since the marriage would not be recognized in Canada, you will not be considered an immediate family member and can't enter Canada at this time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You mean that if any one has work permit visa canot enter Canada,why
First of all, if you are in Canada with temporary status, then an open work permit is not going to be approved for your partner if you have a proxy marriage. Proxy marriages are not recognized by IRCC. IRCC will not recognize this person as your spouse and will not grant an open work permit. That's your first problem.

Secondly, even if an open work permit is approved, this is not regarded as an essential reason for traveling to Canada. An open work permit means the person has no employer in Canada and therefore there is no reason for them to be coming to Canada at this time. To be able to travel to Canada, the open work permit holder has to either secure a job offer in Canada or obtain special permission from IRCC to travel.

Bunny face

Jan 4, 2021
Please can someone help me with this question. I am about to apply for study permit, and my wedding is next month. I have lived with my husband for 1 year. So I am thinking to when I apply I can choose common law partner and then later when my husband want to apply we would have done our wedding then he can choose married. Please is this possible