+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proving relationship is a genuine presentation

Habsfan

May 17, 2011
Hello,

My wife and I are in the last steps of preparing her application and we're unclear as to how to present the information to demonstrate that the relationship is genuine when in comes to e-mail conversations. We were hoping someone here could maybe guide us in the right direction? The kinds of questions we have are:

- Do you need to have the e-mails printed out from the website (gmail/hotmail) directly so it looks sort of "official"?
- Does all the info (date, time, etc) need to show up for each e-mail?
- Can you use a Sharpie and mark out some more sensitive bits of information that you do not wish to share, or would that only look suspicious?
- Should we include all e-mails we have (the more the better) or only keep the most meaningful conversations?

Thanks so much in advance and a happy new year! :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Yes - that's the best option.
2) Yes - you definitely want dates and times.
3) Yes - go ahead and black out anything really personal
4) I would print a sample rather than printing everything. Try to include emails that show meaningful conversations, as well as a few that just show the normal back and forth between a married couple. Include emails from a wide time frame (i.e. from different months/years).

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
You can also provide an email summary that gives the dates and context behind the emails and what is being discussed. Then they can just read the summary and then make sure that each email matches what is in the summary instead of trying to figure out what is going on in an email that may not make that much sense by itself.

shiftpro

Star Member
Nov 21, 2010
Nelson, BC
Visa Office......
Sao PAulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-11
VISA ISSUED...
October '11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDED..........
December 16, 2011
My computer crashed big time and I lost a year and one half of emails...
so I had none to show. I explained this and it must have worked because
my wife was granted the visa (Sao Paulo) in record time. 4 months start to finish.

Jan 2, 2012
I am sending in my sponsorship papers mid January 2012 after his medical report arrives. He lives in Mexico! I live in Canada. We have a baby due in early May 2012. which will be born in Canada. I have included in my paper work over 150 pictures some emails... do they need all of our conversations that we have as we chat every night, this could mean over 1000 pages of dribble. We have included letters from friends and family as well as other people.. lawyers etc..
With our baby due so soon.. does anyone for-see any problems with applying for a visitor visa to get him for the birth .. any ideas... thoughts or suggestions.

also is anyone trying to sponsor and Mexican right now and what is there experience so far!!

Thank you so much in advance your help ;)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Baby on the way said:
I am sending in my sponsorship papers mid January 2012 after his medical report arrives. He lives in Mexico! I live in Canada. We have a baby due in early May 2012. which will be born in Canada. I have included in my paper work over 150 pictures some emails... do they need all of our conversations that we have as we chat every night, this could mean over 1000 pages of dribble. We have included letters from friends and family as well as other people.. lawyers etc..
With our baby due so soon.. does anyone for-see any problems with applying for a visitor visa to get him for the birth .. any ideas... thoughts or suggestions.

also is anyone trying to sponsor and Mexican right now and what is there experience so far!!

Thank you so much in advance your help ;)
Congrats in advance on the baby!

Regarding the visitor visa - I would hope for the best but plan for the worst. The unfortunate fact is that there's no guarantee that he will be approved for a visit visa. Instead, the fact that he has a wife/partner in Canada and a baby on the way will actually work against him (since CIC will know he is eventually planning on living in Canada - and visit visas are meant for those who have no plans to remain in Canada long term). By all means submit the visit visa application. However have a back up plan in case he's refused. Base on the posts we see here, I think the odds are unfortunately against him being approved.

Good luck!

Jan 2, 2012
I know this sounds corny but I just spoke to immigration Canada and fingers crossed the guy told me that there is a chance he could get in,based on the info we have given and our other papers will be in by then. And the written promise we wrote to the Canadian Govt!
Plan B is having my baby in the USA... where my husband can come visit!! but that opens another can of worms... and spending extra money we cant afford to lose...

Fingers Crossed

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's always a chance! Good luck again and let us know how it goes!